Near miss.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near miss.....

Empty ya pockets!!!!!!!!!Was do"n me customary bore run this mor"n, and after bout 1 1/2 hours, i head for me customary halfway pi55stop. Bout a mile out, at me customary 2" above the trees, i heard and felt a bump?!?!Sounded like i touched the tree with the F glass wheel spat, but i felt the bump in the stick?!?!?!I just cursed meself for not watchn where im go"n and preped fora pi55.As i attempted to flair, i realised i had buggerall backstick. Nun actualy!!!!!!!!A high speed touch was uneventfull tho scarey for me, and soon"s i looked down i saw the problem.My pocket knife, the one iv been carrying for 40 f&^%n years, had taken it apon itself to jump outa the pocket, at the zact instant i went close to a tree, and wedge itself in the pitch crank of the RAF cyclic.Bloody close shave!!!!!!!!!!Given that it was also timed to the fact me throttle friction had lost effect wen i took off, [ no big deal, just rest me hand onit till i get to the pi55stop]

Gee"z Lucky alright,So i take it wasnt just a Pi55stop after that then aye

Comment

So the stop was to clean ya dacks out also.I have seen some of your flying on youtube and I reckon you are the luckiest Duck or Cat alive !

Comment

Hi BirdySounds like a GA landing, good to see it all went well and was un eventfull.Any chance of posting a picture of your knife wedged in the pitch crank?Always good to learn

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

its amazing the stuff that can "jump" out of somewhere and go where it wasnt designed for

Comment

Woulda been a non event if it was that stuff Ecka. Too big to fit in the slot n jam it.

Comment

Sorry ...... got bit carried away .....
                Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Bloody glock, wota pice of snot that is.Tryed one of them once, ona windy day, couldnt hit **** with it. No weight init.If i run outa pills in harry, i just swap ends n flog um with it.

Comment

Bloody glock, wota pice of snot that is.Tryed one of them once, ona windy day, couldnt hit **** with it. No weight init.If i run outa pills in harry, i just swap ends n flog um with it.Hi BirdyYep, my favorite 9mm is a H&K. Here is an old pic of me and my first acquaintance with it Not quite a hand gun, but a hell of a lot more fun
                      Attached Files

Comment

AK 47 is a real mans toy

Comment

The AK47 like the M1 are for the soooks who cannot shoot straight.Spray the bullets then lets leave it to the law of averages as to who get hit.

Comment

Yep played with that 2 & a few others 7.62x39 is only half the the round of the 7.62x51 (Winchester 308)Hey thats the reg on my gyro G-762 Hummmmmmmmmmmm FUNNY ABOUT THAT ;D ;D ;DCheers SamL...................
                            Attached Files

Comment

That is true Sam,also knew them as the 7.62 NATO.Used them with the Omark in competitive range shooting at Malabah,Hornsby Liverpool etc.We also shot with what was called Morris Tubes which were .303 converted to .22 for the 25 yard range.If we were proficient with these rifles we earned our X rifles.Kym.

Comment

Working...
                              X