gyro accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gyro accident

i heard on the radio today that a gyro was involved in an accident in sth east qld ????? the report stated that it wasn"t a crash thou. there was injuries but no deaths . and now i"ve missed the news tonight. any one know any more ?????

might be this;http://www.thechronicle.com.au/story...ade-toowoomba/

Comment

might be this;http://www.thechronicle.com.au/story...-toowoomba/The news article says it all .Guys, pray for that young fella like he was your son !!

Comment

Unfortunately sum people werent born with the "situational awareness" gean. Duno how many times iv had to tell over eager people to F&^$KOFF, ina voice they cant misstake.

Comment

According to another website, It may have actually been the prop he was hit by.http://www.recreationalflying.net/sh...79-Prop-Strike

Comment

This is only a second hand report but story goes that throttle was wide open or somewhere around there when the engine was started and gyro ran over the young fella. Its something everyone needs to check everytime we start a engine. Never assume throttle is closed till visually inspected and its another thing instructors need to instill into every student.I have heard at least 3 occassions of this happening now !

Comment

Iv got me starter button on top of the throttle leaver, so i know where the throttle is at before i drop me thumb onit.Maybe ggod idea.

Comment

If this is the 3rd time it has happened, sounds like a good reason to have electric start!TimC

Comment

That machine looks like it has a Rotax 912/914, so presumably had electric start fitted.Maybe a weight-sensing seat switch in line with the start button would help.They have them as standard on ride-on mowers, for the same reason.This is assuming the guy was not seated in the machine at startup, which seems likely.We had a near miss here a few years ago, similar problem.Great shame, young guy like that.

Comment

Comment

The young fella involved has died.

Comment

Iv got me starter button on top of the throttle leaver, so i know where the throttle is at before i drop me thumb onit.Maybe ggod idea.Or a limiter switch on the throttle, that prevents the closing the start button if

Comment

The young fella involved has died.

Comment

Tragedy allright. Condolences to the young fellas family and friends.regards,Mitch.We should be learning something here. What about the recent UK accident. Same result. There are lessons to be learned here for sure. >

Comment

Well said Sam & Mitch.I"m not in favour of complicating the throttle set up, why ? cause its just another thing that can go wrong at a bad

Comment

Working...
                              X