Accident?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident?

Anybody have more info on the accident reported ???http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...tmlUnconfirmed info claims it to possibly be a Mosquito. Any confirmation on that?

Havent any info here although there was a brumby in that area too I think.

Comment

ATSB said it was an unregistered Mosquito. No more details.Waddles.
      Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

The deceased pilot was the brother in law of a good friend that I work with. No other details are available. Kon

Comment

The deceased pilot was the brother in law of a good friend that I work with. No other details are available. KonSorry to hear that Kon. Condolences to the family & friends. Always saddening to hear of aviation deaths, guess we

Comment

talking about reading, will there still be printed in the gyro news accident reports, i understand the last issue was special for all of us, but once again reading is all about learning also too i think.

Comment

So, does anyone have more basic info? Not interested in any gory details, simply want to know, is it pointing towards mechanical failure, pilot error, or undetermined? Is someone investigating?If this was an unregistered Mosquito, did the pilot have any heli piloting experience?

Comment

Hi all, So far The info I have the pilot had heli licence dont know if private or commercial, and was mustering at the time of the accident. Its unclear but it may have had an engine change previous to the accident. Apparently the autopsy has been completed but

Comment

talking about reading, will there still be printed in the gyro news accident reports, i understand the last issue was special for all of us, but once again reading is all about learning also too i think.

Comment

Hi all, So far The info I have the pilot had heli licence dont know if private or commercial, and was mustering at the time of the accident. Its unclear but it may have had an engine change previous to the accident. Apparently the autopsy has been completed but

Comment

Hi all, Just found out the fuel cap came off,ran out of fuel very low to ground no time to autorotate. Pilot was CPL.Something simple as this is a rare occurance yet caused the accident. Sad loss!! Cheers

Comment

???????????Dont want to sound like a smartass, but wheres the fuel cap on the mozzi. Bottom of the tank?Iv tookn off a few times ina hurry n found the cap hangn off the chain wen i landed, never lost a drop.

Comment

Its not always the complicated things that can bring you unstuck.Most FW

Comment

i did take off once and found when i had landed that i had not refitted the fuel cap on my goodwin tank.i knew i wouldn"t run out of fuel from it but was worried that if it did come off it would go through my prop. it was from people coming up and interupting my little preflight world i liked to live in. over the next few flights i found i couldn"t actually see the if the cap was in place in flight. all the top of the tank being black. so i painted the cap "yellow" i can actually see it [ just ] out the corner of my eye in flight.i can"t put it back on in flight, but at least know to land a.s.a.p. since i"ve done that i"ve never left it off. typical. just in case some one wanted to know. sad news about your friend kon.

Comment

I dont like caps on chains, i took my chain off n wen im filln up, i always put the cap on the seat.Iv never felt kinky enuff yet to take off without putn the cap back on the tank first.

Comment

Working...
                              X