Roo Vs Gyro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo Vs Gyro

What happens when a roo meets front wheel of a gyro just as the nose wheel lifts off, when it leads to some not pretty photos i can tell you. :-[The good news is the pilot is without a scratch, this is the main important thing, and the good news is the machine will be rebuilt.The side impact was strong enough to shear off the front wheel, leaving the machine about 90* to the track it was travelling, and the machine then went into self destruct mode, starting with digging and shearing off the right hand wheel, then doing a complete flip over the rotor/mast digging in the flopping on the other side. yep it flipped over the top, as stated to me, it was a bit of a blurr but i definately remember being upside down at one time.So basically the machine will be needing a new mast, rotor head, tail booms, rudders,hs, suspension, axles ect.So guys careful on take off roll, these brain dead animals dont care where they go.Incident report has/is being sent in, but just a case of being in the worng place at the wrong time.

Sorry to hear that Bones.Aussie Paul.

Comment

It sucks...Glad you are OK.So the Xenon cabin looks to be really a "safe cage".

Comment

Tojo"s make good bull catches but gyro"s do not make good roo catches, is that what you are trying to tell us.Maybe you just need a bit more practice?Graeme.

Comment

Was that the new one Bones?What a bugger.. :"(Blue

Comment

Not me nd not the new machine, the owner uses this site its up to him if he wants to put photos up he can.not the best way to start ur sunday morn

Comment

never assume ??? ??? ???

Comment

N.not the best way to start ur sunday morn Not the best way to start any morn I reckon. :"(Back in my FW days I remember an extremely close call with a roo on the Mungo Lakes strip, blue bush right up to the strip edge & the mongrel jumped out at a very critical time. We got a roo the other morning going into town, had the trailer on behind the Nissan & the roo came across no worries but then had a brain dead moment when it decided it should be

Comment

Sounds like a bit of a Gy"roo problem.

Comment

ok matt who are you and what have you done with munro. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

just got my computer back so haven"t being on for a while but it was me that hit the roo last sunday i will try to put a photo on but all i can say is i could not be happier with how the xenon held up and

Comment

a shame to damage a XENON but im lovein the cabin thieng GOOD to know it holds up in the event of a bad one all the best with rebuildEwan (fellow Xenon owner)

Comment

Oh my, good to hear it was survived, sorry to hear it was a factory machine...

Comment

I now it"s a long time coming but now the parts are here and she is nearly back in the air I can share the photo

Comment

I now it"s a long time coming but now the parts are here and she is nearly back in the air I can share the photoA roo did that

Comment

Working...
                              X