No announcement yet.

2 guys missing in Victoria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes Darrell I hope your right but it"s the difference between ambient temp and inside the carb temp that causes ice. ha ha been talking to waddles can"t you tell. [ hope I got that right alan.]

Comment

Posted this before. ....been using these for

Comment

Are they heaters Eric? Where are they fitted?Aussie Paul.

Comment

They look alright, how much power do they use?

Comment

Tony,There is only one temp probe that goes in the carby before the venturi/butterfly. The gauge reads that temp alone. Waddles.
            Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

ok I had it wrong, I just thought going by the guage screen with it"s yellow colour area, with it"s colour above and below zero that was the difference area.

Comment

If I was to build these instruments, that automatically did the maths, would anyone buy them?

Comment

There seems to be a number of carby heaters for a rotax 912 available. You have the Rosco version, quaranteed to work costing approx $1100[ fitted]Rotax have their airbox version[ the same as I have] for approx $600 parts only and that may not even have the scat hose to which you can add a lot more $ plus cost to fit.The water heated version from the UK that Birdy and a number of other people are using and Birdy gives it the thumbs up. It costs approx $ 300 [ My figures might be a bit rubery, cant find my notes that I had written down] and we have Echo"s version which I know zilch about.When you get carby ice, you will be left in no doubt about whats happening[ with a 912] personally, when I feel that engine quiver I"m going to puill on the carby heat & a gauge is not going to help me much. I would rather a fuel pressure gauge, that would be helpful when the pumps are getting sick.

Comment

Working...
                  X