Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MT03 in Belgium lost control according to ASN - not a good start for 2014

http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=163041

They didnt finish 2013 very good iether.

Comment

According to rotaryforum the blades tuck inn after a steep turn and gyro dropped to the ground."It seems that XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX was too impetuous in a turning maneuver while standing at a height of 150 meters. The gyroplane , another name of this two-seater helicopter , then turned on himself by dropping like a stone, it crashed in a field bordering a path of consolidation called Upper Street Baive a few hundred meters from the airport ."How do you get in a situation like this ? Too much bank or uncoordinated bank or steep bank with loss of airspeed.

Comment

Sounds like they were flying above there ability????? If your going to fly low you must keep the power on. And the big thing is be very careful you don"t turn down wind.As all experience pilots know this can be a very fatal mistake if not handled in the correct manner. This is just my point of view(not saying I know,just my 2 bobs worth after come"n nearly unstuck do"n the same thing)

Comment

Am I readn it rite, he rolled it in the air?If so, it wouldn"t matter wot height you are at.

Comment

Am I readn it rite, he rolled it in the air?If so, it wouldn"t matter wot height you are at.I think Justin was more reffering to the fact that there would have been a lot more pressure on the pilot than had he been at altitude.As you know, low is fine but recovering from some incorect manourver at low altitude is a mite more stressful as you have not much time to get things cleaned up.I have only flown 2 sleds and they both fly like wounded ducks at low airspeeds, S & L at cruise they are great but dont let that airspeed get slow & they just want to lay down & die. As you know, slow & and a applictaion of WOT will get your attention, even in a sled.

Comment

Hi Chopper ReidThe Mt03 was at 150 meters Agl or 500 feet. I would not classify this as low level in a gyro. This should be more than enough to recover from most recoverable manouvers.

Comment

I agree with you T-bird.Maybe there"s abit more to the story than whats been told??????

Comment

Hi Chopper ReidThe Mt03 was at 150 meters Agl or 500 feet. I would not classify this as low level in a gyro. This should be more than enough to recover from most recoverable manouvers.Yep, 500 ft is nose bleed territory...only ever get that high when lifted up by a thermal or a big whirly.You will find that most FW flyer"s might class 500 ft as low though.

Comment

Like I said, high or low,

Comment

Like I said, high or low,

Comment

I thought 500 ft was minimum altitude, that"s the airdrome circuit altitude. Does sound like PPO airspeed or side slip. There are a lot of things that can go wrong if you fly out of your limits. Should not happen though. But side slip and airspeed. in turns will bite you if you"re not thinking about it. Climbing and descending turns good practice for rotor management but as always don"t fly out of your limits. Rolling out of or leveling out of descending turn can put you in to NEG G if you"re not concentrating. So be careful and down wind as mentioned but it"s airspeed you should be watching. A lot of this should be automatic in your brain and if you fly outside your ability your brain will over load and you may not have enough time/altitude to fix it. I"m not an Ace or aerobatic pilot but i do know my limits experience is valuable and talking to senior pilots is very valuable. The pucker Gage is telling you to ease up and if it something doesn"t feel good generally it"s not.

Comment

Banking past 90 degrees isn"t go,n to work out unless you pull plenty of back stick as well.AS or roll won"t help wen your down side up.

Comment

Cause these sleds have lots of side area that can catch the breeze, any turn thats not co ordinated and specially a really steep turn with the pilot asleep, will be a handful.Still, so many things that can happen. Was there a camera somewhere ? Cameras are the best thing to get an accident happening, got reminded of a little stuff the other day

Comment

Working...
                            X