Fatal at Moree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal at Moree

It is with deep regret I report a fatal gyroplane accident near Moree yesterday. The pilots name is yet to be released.
    Sincere condolences to his family and friends.
    There are no words...............just sadness!
    Last edited by RickE; 20-11-2018, 04:35 PM.

What is happening?

Comment

Well Chook it hasn't been a great time for LSA & gyros in the last few weeks. Went to funeral this morning for a 20 yr old lad who died in a LSA just up the road from here, he's mate who died in the same crash has his funeral Friday & I see a Jabiru had a crash landing near Menindee yesterday injuring the 2 onboard.

Comment

Yes Chopper, it has not been a great time for ASRA and LSA.
        Very sad.
        Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Comment

No updates yet Paul, the pilots funeral was held yesterday.

Comment

Thanks Rick,

Appreciate the response.

Paul

Comment

Another week down the track are there any appropriate revelations emerging?

Comment

I travelled to Moree the day after the accident to see if the police wanted our help. They told me that due to the heavy rain on the paddock where the wreck was, that it was not possible to get to the paddock let alone the wreck. I came home having achieved nothing.

A week or so later, I was travelling home from Orange and dropped in to Moree to see what the situation was. I was told that the coroner had dictated that the police were to complete their investigation first before ASRA was allowed to do theirs. Nothing more to date.

Its police business in the end and we offer our assistance if they want it. Normally the police jump to accept the offer. Don't know what the story is with this one, especially as the cause of the accident is not in doubt. I expect with the Season what it is, that it could be another month before anything more happens.

Waddles.
                  Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Absolutely bewildering why police or the coroner believed ASRA personnel shouldn't investigate this crash at the outset. Possibly by the time ASRA gets to investigate evidence may well be compromised. I'm not sure that there are any police in the country that know anything approaching what our ASRA team knows.

Comment

I could'nt agree with you more Brian. WTF . I'm just hopeing Casa will be understanding what sometimes happens?

Comment

Working...
                      X