No announcement yet.

Another New Generation Rollover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the new forum compared to the old one. thanks asra.

Comment

I don't often comment on this forum but I enjoy the information relayed through the discussions.
      I've been around gyros for a long time, all be it due to work commitment, am still a low hour pilot and haven't flown for some time and at times with quite a gap in my flying secluded. That being said I was fortunate during my training to fly in several different styles of gyros and spent time in a gyro glider all valuable learning tools.
      Rotor management was drummed into us as students, if a pre rotor was fitted we were encouraged not to use it so as to learn better rotor handling.
      I've flown on several different makes of blade as have most I suspect, even Dragon Wings by Ernie Boyette which I was told couldn't be hand started, it not true, but they are more difficult than most with a slightly different technique.
      I'm old and old school, learning in basic gyros with no bells and whistles with marginal power still has its merits.....
      Albeit as Allen said there is no substitute of not learning and understanding correct rotor management technique. To blame the instructor or the training manuals negates the fact that you have too acquired the knowledge to correctly identify the different stages of rotor spin up. Weather by arm strong or mechanical.
      There seam to be a trend towards using rotor tacos as the sole devise for managing rotor spin up and not taking into account the most important aspect..........visual observations of the rotors.

Comment

hello sean, you don't often comment but you should , and your post is spot on for everybody learning and beyond. your post is what the forum needs. when the old forum was dying I said it shouldn't be allowed to as it is a great learning tool . reading this reminds me of the few rotor flaps I've had , but also more importantly why. .

Comment

Working...
        X