No announcement yet.

Pre-history!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably should start a new topic on drones, anyway down here on the central coast of NSW the drone operators that are working with SLSA looking for sharks are pretty good. Whenever we fly in their General area they have VHF communication and maintain 500' vertical separation to us and are in constant contact checking our intentions.
    Its the unlicensed drone operators that worry me as they don't understand the danger they represent to manned aircraft. A while back one of our guys nearly got taken out by a drone up around Byron Bay.

Comment

Did you hear about a near miss on the news tonight. Missed a rescue heli about 30 mts at 1000 ft AGL.

Comment

Crikey Mike, That's a one liner. Time to think about making up some kind of personal anti-drone defence system!

Comment

Hey Max, how ya going, Yeah i was thinking if we mount the rotor on the underside we would just smack em out of da air just haven't worked out the take off landing bit yet. Ok bad idea it's gunna have to be some kinda death ray. or self tracking guided laser' Rockets nah ...Mini guns
          mmm...nah death ray sounds good. I'll get back to ya. I shouldn't be here i should be doing me assignments i have gone back to collage to do a teaching diploma...silly me ah more work but i figure I'm getting too old for the tools and gunna try teaching instead. Being on this forum is like being outside playing and not getting your home work done i've just gotta think of an excuse.... looks like it's gunna be the dog again.

Comment

I've heard of somewhere where they have a large drone with a drop net and they net the pesty thing. Apparently brings them down quite good. We, of course only have a couple of seconds so i think we need a mini shot gun rotating the six barrels in about two seconds and then pull up and fly over the debri. Yes Mike there are lots of protocol these days to teach. 37 yrs ago I was asked to teach auto. elects. at tafe and I just wandered in with a brief case and a few papers. Only lasted one evening. I'm more of a practical person.

Comment

Yeah Max nothing is easy these days, I've just spent two weeks doing renewal of industry tickets, and inductions. Now Night school, I've heard similar things about teaching, now you need a tafe certificate and other certificates RPL experience etc to hand over the knowledge. It just gets more difficult and expensive. Like everybody has their hand out for money and another card or certificate. Some industry certificates were life time license unless it was suspended. Now you have to hand over MONEY to the GOV to keep it or loose it. Even though it was you going to night class TAFE for a year or Industry training and spent thousands of dollars for it in the first place. Everybody wants ya money and it's getting expensive. I'm alright Jack Keep ya hands off my stash!

Comment

Working...
              X