Does anyone have RAF2000 Plans in .pPDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have RAF2000 Plans in .pPDF

Guys ...I want to build (not just assemble) my own RAF2000 at home. I know where to purchase all the correct materials, but I NEED the plans so that everything is in the correctly located as designed places. I can make my own cabin in the RAF design, but I need all the dimensions. Please feel free to contact me in this forum. No, I don"t intend to make my own rotors, hubar, gimble or reduction drive or prop.

Don"t bother. There are much better designs around and safer!

Comment

You took the words out of my mouth Ken.The RAF was designed around 1990 I think. It has a horror record of killing pilots, some of those were instructors. Yes, it can be made safer BUT why bother when you have today"s technology that has a proven track record, far safer & most importantly, STABLE which keeps pilots & passengers alive!Good to see you on the forum Ken. I still havent been back over in that part of the world since last talking to you....All the best stone house builder

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback - what are these "other" plans that you speak of ? I"m all ears ?? Richard.

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback - what are these "other" plans that you speak of ? I"m all ears ?? Richard.Richard, actual plans are few and far between. Seeing as I am just down the road at Ballarat my Firebird, as discussed in our emails, would be one way to go.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Hi Paul, it"s really hard to know what to do for the best. I"d like to build my own RAF from the ground up as I mentioned to you in email. But without the plans it"s impossible. I"ll ask RAF if they supply them for a price. I do not believe the RAF is generically a killing machine, I think that this is a very unfair opinion of the aircraft, else they wouldn"t still be in business with around 700 I think it was in the air. I love the other comments - that there are much safer plans "out there" but when asked ok WHERE? it"s a different story. I do believe there is a great deal of misinformation globally on these Gyro forums.... just as there is in the computer forms similarly.

Comment

richard, you said your all ears, but your not listening. ??? ??? ???

Comment

Do what the bloke near me did . He went for a fly with me, then asked around alot. Discovered after a few rides and lessons that mine was what he wanted. Borrowed mine to get all the measurements and the copied it and made a few things better or improved things that I thought could be better. He then built 3 and they all performed well. Its much easier than plans and easier to visualize. Most blokes who build in oz build from their brain as they go along. You are quite welcome to measure or photograph mine. I"m probably a bit far away! Near Wollongong. Ken

Comment

Hi Ken, thanks for that offer. I have NO idea what on Earth Tony Denton is talking about. I"m am all ears and Ken I would love to take you on your offer. Woolongong is not too far from me to travel. I would enjoy going for a fly with you, take photo"s and measurements, especially the measurements. What Gyro is it you have Ken ? What about your mate who built some more, can I contact him to, perhaps he has some sketches to help me along. Perhaps drop me an email at rbudge56@gmail.com. I did have in mind to buy a RAF from the states and reverse engineer it, but I"m having wife issues in as much as she"s not convinced that I"d be able to sell it quickly and get my investment back. Thanks again Ken, you"re a gentleman.

Comment

Gdday Richard,RAF 2000 gyro is something not for a newbie to build, learn and fly it without serious mods. What Tony was trying to say that it did not have good safety records here in Oz and tried to warn you about its danger before you invested far too much to recover back the loose ends or even your life. Well, for sure, you may have heard good reviews about this gyro but do explore further on the flip side of the coin before embarking. You may want to investigate further by enquiring about in your local gyro community or even with the present ASRA"s committee members in Oz, of course. You may find out something or 2!Frankly, I do like the outlook of this gyro initially but somehow, there are others gyro maker (Cavalon, SCII, SC M912) look much more impressive. Trouble is A$ not enuf! CheersLou

Comment

good morning richard,i thiught the the first 2 posts were tryin to wave some warning flags, i was just trying to wave them a bit harder that"s all. i attended a seminar back a few years ago and heard the speaker give gruesome warnings of raf. i would suggest you find some you trust and listen to what they say , they wouldn"t be saying it with out a reason. i obviously don"t own one or have ever even flown in a raf. i would in one of the more popular heavily modified designed machines. so now trying to help you, i have built my first machine a copy of a popular aust design open frame. i think the important thing to do is not go full on hard at it and burn yourself out. pace your self, remember your family, getting 3/4 way through and losing interest can lead to heart ache and then trying to sell or off load your partially manufactured machine your wife will prove herself to be right.

Comment

Well said Tony

Comment

Contact Northern Rivers club. I think someone there has Cyclone single seat plans. A good 1st single seat gyro. It is cheaper to buy a second hand one though, rather than waste flying time building. Sorry but I dont take people for joy rides. Only Asra Tech people and family due to liability. My 1st gyro was a cyclone and I wish I had not sold it. A simple single seater with 503 which I sold for $6000 which was great fun. Ken

Comment

Gdday Ken,I have not seen a Cyclone single seater gyro before. Care to share a pic of your ex-gyro? Thks.Lou

Comment

What about this baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X