Modern 24 hr araldite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern 24 hr araldite

In the late 60s I used to overhaul slick and bendix A/Craft magneto"s among other things, and when a bearing had been badly rotating in a housing and loctite was unsuitable, we used 24 hr Araldite, (not the 5 min crap) assembled the housings overnight to alighn the bearings. I also used A/D to mend my favourite cutlery handles, ect. Lately Ive been using the stuff and suspected it"s not as good. I glued on the handle of my favourite capachino cup, 3 days later spent 8 mins. of my life making a loverly capachino and the handle fell off when carrying it. I later used some marine epoxy resin and am drinking from it now. We even used to carve out track marks in distributor blocks, fill them with araldite and later paint with anti tracking. At the time parts were expensive and not often avail. (Vietnam war got priority) The moral of my story is be careful of modern hardware avail. Araldite if it"s for critical use. (I use the word "Araldite" in broad terms meaning any 2 pack epoxy brand as araldite is prob. a brand name)

They make nuthn like they used to Max. >Even sillycoon aint wot it used to be, unless you get the proper stuff.Trouble is, these cheep imitations choke the proper stuff outa busness so all we get now is cheep crap.Id much rather pay 5 times as much for proper stuff than waste 2c on the modern crap.Everyone seems to think they are saven money by getn the cheapest. ???dicheads. >

Comment

The sheep masses have to work with the crap and the Gov. agencies get all the quality stuff and destroy the surplus. A mate was once pushing the Alice Springs dump with a dozer and said it made him cry at the amount of stainless steel bolts, nuts and fittings he had to bury. (His lunch box was only so big) All coming from australia"s area 51 at pine gap. We all pay a big price for the so called "economy" Finley Eversole phD Philosopher recently said, "70 successful alternative energy discoveries and inventions which could have supplied the entire world with free or low cost non polluting energy have been suppressed by the US patent office, the world bank, and power companies with vested interests" I wonder how many tons of new aircraft nuts and bolts and good used 912s are buried each year? :"(

Comment

Working...
      X