Minimal Stick Shake Monarch Gyroplane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimal Stick Shake Monarch Gyroplane

You get a pretty good idea how smooth these blades are. That and the double slider head.Still trying to get used to the helmet cam, which I moved forward slightly on the helmet.Anyway, I commented a few times on some of the stick shake I see in some of the vids and have been wanting to show mine for comparison.Next time out I"ll do a better job with video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZDBc0WWagw

yep they pretty smooth alright, about the same as my GG blades with the standard rossco head.Must say the blade makers are getting better and better, i dont remember the last time i even bothered to use a string line actually for that matter.

Comment

Bones you running Tip Weighted GG"s on your mustering single place?You probably have a longer more flexable mast than mine?Monarch is short and stiff being a three piece with stiffening plates.I believe the double slider works.Patroneys felt smoother when the slider was installed.Not having stick shake/machine shake, makes for very enjoyable flying and less stress on me and the machine.

Comment

Mitch,just wanted to say, just incase of you or anyone else was thinking.I was not having a go at yourvideo or machine.As I stated they are very smooth.Yesto your 2 quesses at my set up, I more than understand the mast lenght thing.I need to get me a camera too, but a remote to turn on and off would make it easier to use especially with big gloves ectkeep the vids coming keeps me entertained while I"m away, heading off again til Xmas on weekend

Comment

Hey Bones, have a good trip mate and stay safe.Graeme.

Comment

Bones,I"ve got a Drift 170HD. It has a big push button remote that works from about 5 metres with an on off button that you can press as many times as you want to make sure the camera is really on or off.Takes awesome videos and audio and has an LCD on the side as well. It hasn"t fogged up once yet. Cost me about 300 and something dollars... probably closer to $400-00.It"s low profile and has a rotatable camera lens. We tried a GoPro on my ELA tail and it made us yaw noticeably.Have a look at it here; http://driftinnovation.com/I think I got mine from eBay....can"t remember now..too late at night.

Comment

Mitch,just wanted to say, just incase of you or anyone else was thinking.I was not having a go at yourvideo or machine.As I stated they are very smooth.Yesto your 2 quesses at my set up, I more than understand the mast lenght thing.I need to get me a camera too, but a remote to turn on and off would make it easier to use especially with big gloves ectkeep the vids coming keeps me entertained while I"m away, heading off again til Xmas on weekendIts all good Bones. I know you were not having a "GO", simply wanted to acknowledge the masts are different in length and flex/structure. Also one head is slider the other not.Both sets of blades fly smooth....at testement to Goodwin and his smooth flying TW GG"s.Have a great trip away, look after that "mad" mate of yours.Cheers,Mitch

Comment

Have a great trip away, look after that "mad" mate of yours.Cheers,MitchIts all good then MitchNo unfortunatley not going there again, i am going to prove to value of the gyro again, seems like this is all i do lately, actually its funny i was called in to clean up 2 helo frig ups last week alone, funny that people only want to try the gyro after the helos have properly stuffed up. The sad part is they are all happy glad and all we are so happy with that but never hear from them til next time the helo has stuffed up again, so you have to wonder what the thought pattern is, but its all good

Comment

It is obvious where I stand on your chart of important friends hey Bones?????I wish you well and bid you a safe trip but no reply, some foreigner from another over seas country down south of Australia some where does the same thing and he gets acknowledged. What, I"m not important enough??Who is it that comes to your hanger BBQ"s and eats your snags, who is it that drinks your beer, who is it that is always saying nice things about you on all the forums, who is it that is always sticking up for you???ME, that"s who!I would be better off talking to other mate Russ if he would come on here.Man, do I feel dejected now, even the dog barks at me.Graeme.

Comment

It is obvious where I stand on your chart of important friends hey Bones?????I wish you well and bid you a safe trip but no reply, some foreigner from another over seas country down south of Australia some where does the same thing and he gets acknowledged. What, I"m not important enough??Who is it that comes to your hanger BBQ"s and eats your snags, who is it that drinks your beer, who is it that is always saying nice things about you on all the forums, who is it that is always sticking up for you???ME, that"s who!I would be better off talking to other mate Russ if he would come on here.Man, do I feel dejected now, even the dog barks at me.Graeme.Oh boy look you got out the wrong side of the bed today then ????Thank you GRandadd for your warm wishes and all the other crud that was in your message, i truly appreciate it all(where is the throw up smily)

Comment

Working...
                    X