Revolution Rotors.....going under!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolution Rotors.....going under!

Good Now I have your attention. Had occasion to be speaking with a man many of us would call friend couple days ago about the physics involved in widen the chord and reducing the disc size....a question put to me by a enthusiastic bunch of blokes out of South Africa, currently playing as many hours as they can in a shared Xenon.Exactly, what the hell they asking a twat like me stuff like that....anyway it"s all a big learning curve for all of us. The fun part was going to Larry Neal and Rob Patroney, Allan Wardill and others for their views on said matter....I digress.At the end of our first conversation in quite a while now, I asked how Leanne was and mention to Rob that we were hosting the Nationals 2009 in Northern Tasmania, just up the road from my place at what used to be the local pub. Well bugger me if Rob wasn"t tickle pink at the thought of taking leanne and himself on a holiday down this neck of the woods.Rob asked if we had a two place comming, I said we might have one or two.I went on to explain that on the Good Friday the Three Peaks Race, departs and the yachts sail out through the heads of the Tamar River. They have not had rain in ten years and they put the race back to 2.oo pm so as to catch any possible afternoon sea breeze...I"m talking 10 15 knots max. last Easter there were 4 choppers filming the event from above the water way. Next year we will be on National TV as we fly the west bank of the Tamar.Hundreds of families come up from Launceston and park down the end of Garden Island (man made mole extending deep into and across the river mouth) to witness the spectacular departure of the yachts. Multiple small craft on the water also.We can expect dropin visitor numbers to be high.

I understand the South East Queensland Fellas are getting together this weekend to firm up some booking dates to throw at The TT Lines Spirit of Tasmania Ferry.My understanding is that we now have 6 gyros comming from SEQLD. Inclusive of Rob P"s two place machine. This has the tapered and twisted blades that Rob produces apart from his std blade that most of us (who fly on Pats) on single place machines are flying on.Cheers,Mitch

Comment

Working...
    X