rudder cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudder cable

Hi all need some help to source rudder stainless cable, rollers and fittings. How is the tension set without cable tensioner?Thanks.

Boat and chandlery shops stock some good gear. Rob

Comment

G"day Kon, You"re in Brisbane,? if so get in touch with a place called Miami Steel. Better still, Google it and check their catalogue out

Comment

G"day Kon, Small correction, should read Miami Stainless.

Comment

Kon check the requirements of your particular build in the Gyro requirement docs. (singe place?)19 strand stainless wire springs to mind for some reason.Regards....Chook.

Comment

I always thought that the motor bike brake or clutch cables were too stiff/the wires were too straight. [ not twisted enough, didn"t help the swagging being pulled directionally along the cable]. also another really good idea from asra was to paint your wire and thimble area with "finger nail polish " this sets relativey hard"and if there is any slipping of the cable the finger nail polish cracks and you can tell easily in your preflight that you have movement in your swagg. it was good fun going into a shop and buying orange finger nail polish for my orange painted gyro. had to keep it matching.

Comment

Kon check the requirements of your particular build in the Gyro requirement docs. (singe place?)19 strand stainless wire springs to mind for some reason.Regards....Chook.The desert dwellers are actually better off using galvanized. Much better abrasion resistance. Same argument can also be made for 7x7 in lieu of 7x19. Miles

Comment

The document I have built to is "type acceptance requirements for two seat light gyroplanes" (Approved by CASA Feb 1996)(The 2 seat requirements are more stringent than the single seat ones).Page 15 section G397

Comment

Guys,Just a reminder that the bible is the FAA publication acceptable methods techniques and practices- aircraft inspection,repair and alterations. AC 43.13-1b/2a chap 7 sect 8. Basically for straight runs 7x7 and where they need to change direction by more than say 20deg best to go with the 7x19.

Comment

I"ve looked and found photos of mine.[but still can"t load them ] I have double swagged and also use finger nail polish for preflight inspections.

Comment

Here is the link to the PDF"s for the bible Adrian is talking about. Hope it helps.http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...ntid/99861Matt

Comment

G"day Tony, Do you prefer any particular colour, finger nail polish ?

Comment

I prefer the red nail poish

Comment

hello Darrell , if you remember my gyro is based around the orange because I use an orange jacket so I just asked the sales assistant for.....................................

Comment

G"day Tony, Seem to remember you were colour matching some where, wasn"t to sure if it was the gyro, the jacket or maybe you had desires.

Comment

Working...
                              X