Wheels with drum brakes for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels with drum brakes for sale

I have some 5" hummingbird main wheels with drum brakes, The rims themselves are 2 piece with the drum built into the inner casting, held together by 3 through bolts. The brake backing plate takes posty bike shoes, which I am sourcing at the moment. At this time, I have the finished alloy castings, all new and unused, I

Anymore details MadMuz?

Comment

Only that I have the bearings for both main and nose wheels, have the bushes for the actuator cams, I ordered some brake shoes for the front of a pre 2000 posty bike, see if they fit (might actually be rear shoes needed, not sure yet). Trying to find real actuator cams and the corresponding cable pull arms (so you can position the arm wherever on the star splined end of the shaft) Some people use a bolt and make flats to expand the shoes....and then weld the arms on.... but I am hoping to find the right bits so it looks a bit better than that LOL. The centre locating bush for the brake plate between axel and alloy is just 19mm copper tube cut the right length and split so it fits in the bore and closes loosely around the axel.Will let you know when I get it all together

Comment

Iv got/ had the zact same mains on the ferel.

Comment

Hi Birdy, yes, they are the last of the Hummingbird stock... they have been around for years, I think they were big in the 80"s and 90"s.

Comment

Working...
          X