No announcement yet.

engine oil dip stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez Tony you sure are keen to get in the air, and then still be at work by 6.30. How many years, months, weeks, days and hours to go before you retire๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

8 years 7 months 5 days and 10 hours to go. thanks rick. I suppose that really is 6 days then. just be knocking off early on the last day. .
      the week ends never seem to turn out the way I want for flying so this is nice. the mornings are beautiful and cool . buzz the crap out of the strip , no one around to worry about , [ the care taker and his wife take their hearing aides out , ha ha. ]. the forestry boys are clearing and everything is opening up more , I check up on those guys and see what they get up to, the days are getting a bit longer and i'll start sooner actually.
      my earth bound mate, "tall Jamie" said him and kids are always up by 5.30 and will never say no to a fly by. so that's going be happing soon . I wonder did he mean every morning was ok. .soon find out .

Comment

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your shoulders mate & not a great thing to take some tumbles either ! You are certainly one of the keenest blokes around going to all that trouble to have a fly although I do agree flying is great therapy ....except like yesterday when the air was crapola . Havent had sudden drops that hard for a real long time then other times I was sinking despite flying into the wind with climb power then next thing rocketing up at over 1000 ft per minute. Think someone said gale force winds on the coast...well when the oak trees are bending at right angles its close to my version of a gale!

Comment

Originally posted by tonydenton View Post
          I also had the chance to try some other oil in my auto flight box. and after 20 minutes it was barely warmed up . the oil this time was a SYNFORCE brand called DIFFMAX. 85/140 . we used it in some gearboxes recommended by the supplier and I thought it was worth a try. i'll give it a longer run and let you know.
          Hi Tony
          How is your Synforce oil going in the Autoflight gearbox? ( Diffmax 85w/140 )
          I thought the Transgear 75/90 would be better.

Ross

Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

hello ross, I probably prefer the TRANSGEAR too . maybe just a coindicence but I now have a slight weep on the rear output shaft seal. happened just after the oil change. not enough to worry me but just makes it annoying .
            the early morning flying has run it's course for this season. . it was confusing to know when sunrise was happing or I was rising up to the sun.. beautiful time of the day thou.
            like everywhere it's as dry as all hell here. much prettier flying when there is green around.
            I don't look at the bom like everyone else. I just look out the kitchen window. .

Comment

What Tim said... get an el cheapo engraving tool off ebay and engrave some cross hatching at the important bit.... or really hard gritty emery paper and roughen the surface cross hatch style

Comment

G'day Tony. Daylight Saving would fix most of your problems - checking the oil without a torch and an extra hour to fly in the evening so you won't have to get up so early. You'd only have to watch your curtains don't fade or you get a melanoma from the extra hour of daylight!
                ๐ŸŒ…๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

• RossM
                  RossM commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only problem though, is that Tony still wont go home from work till after dark.

hello tim and muz, I just now found an engraving tool so I will lay into it tonight thanks. I'm against daylight saving really. I have a plan to get more flying in and I'm working on it.

Comment

Working...
                X