Ej25 Electronics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ej25 Electronics.

After having the odd problem with my EJ25 with micro tech system such as surging and misfire during throttle opening it now is running smoothly and consuming around 22 LPH. In order to achieve this I have disconnected the Oxygen sensor, the air temp sensor, the throttle position sensor, the vacume sensor (hose) The engine now simply senses Crank angle, Cam angle, RPM, coolant temp. KISS system. Simplicity creates reliability. I may improve fuel consumption more by leaning her back more but not rushing that one.

Love the KISS way of doing things Max. I imported several ej 25s only to find they had VVT.
    Actually I have a brand new Link ECU that is programmed for VVT if you know of anyone interested.
    I have quite a bit of Gyro stuff left over from my failed Firebird project so beginning to put it on the market.

Aussie Paul.

Comment

Excuse my ignorance Paul but what is. VVT - Variable valve timing? If it is I've never seen one . I wonder if anyone has build a gyro with a 6 cly. subaru?
      Last edited by mad max; 08-06-2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mad max View Post
        Excuse my ignorance Paul but what is. VVT - Variable valve timing? If it is I've never seen one . I wonder if anyone has build a gyro with a 6 cly. subaru?
        Yes Max, Variable Valve Timing. Have not heard of a 6 cylinder Subaru in a gyro, then I have been out of the game for a while.

Aussie Paul.

Comment

O'll Gyro mate in WA picked up a low mileage 6 cly. subaru. I believe he had to jump on the bar and sing 'Old Man River' for it. I must find out it's weight.

Comment

• darrell-jones
            darrell-jones commented
            Editing a comment
            G'day Max, I have used the Link ECU on the EJ22, within keeping to the very basic sensors. The Link has a self tune mode, so it needs the oxy sensor to enable this to work, this is also altitude compensating when the mode is switched on. The 22 had a fuel burn of 15 ltrs/hr of flight time. My next project is a Firebird cab,with a 25 fitted also running a Link. like before I'll keep it simple and still have the oxy sensor hooked up to allow for the self tuning process to happen during flight time. To allow the ECU to run the engine efficiently and not using excessive amounts of fuel, the temp sensor needs to hooked up, that;s the computer's temp pick up, not the engine.

Darrell.

Yes Darrell, The computer still has a connection with the engine coolant temp. sensor. I kind of like to have no oxygen sensor as when you are flying around some areas with indigenous nearby they won't sell premium fuel and you are obligated to slip in avgas which I believe has lead which clogs the ox sensor.

Comment

Since making that statement I have re-connected all the sensors as I learn more about the tuning procedures. Runs OK tied to a tree. Waiting for the rain to stop for a test flight.

Comment

Working...
            X