Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priceless.

Comment

Saw this posted on the facebook site Grocopters Australia.

Hi Everybody
      Rosco Here
      I do not usually waste my time on this face book stuff but when there is a lot of miss information out there I need to correct it.
      I have been using AK New Zealand rotors on my gyros for may years now and with great success. Some times they might not be perfectly smooth but I adjust the pitch by putting a shimm under the pillar block until I get them smooth.
      The incorrect pillar block height was easy for me to fix with the packer between the pillar block and the hub bar (which I installed in Aussie) which is good engineering practices to fix the problem.
      Basically if you dont like the product go buy another product but if you are like me and my customers keep using AK's
      Cheers Rosco

Comment

Thanks for posting your reply Rosco.

Comment

Personally I do not have a problem with a spacer plate under the pillow block, assuming that both the hub and the block are flat and true. If anyone is concerned then they had best not look at the popular and time proven McCutcheon Skywheels two piece pillow block, or even their one piece block mounted on a curved surface. So too Ernie Boyette's Dragon Wings with the very tall pillow block. Both have a history of safe operation and yet are far worse engineering wise than a flat spacer fitted securely under the pillow block.

Comment

Considering Rosco has built 'Many' successful Gyro's over the years and I believe he's also now an LAME I personally would take his advise as 'Gospel'.
            Last edited by mad max; 09-08-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

That's a good answer there Tim .thanks.My query is, was the hub bar supplied by Geoff Price the correct dimensions or was the head non standard. I can understand shims being used to get rotors smoother & that's a fairly standard practice but if hub bars coming out of boxes of new rotors are not the correct dimensions then I'm concerned.
              I have had two hub bars from Geoff Price & both were spot on & needed no tweaking .

Comment

I'm definitely not questioning Rosco qualifications or knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                X