Oil Suplement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Suplement

A good oil story or more accurately, a oil supplement story. I have a 99 Nissan Patrol GU traytop that developed a crunching noise going from 3 rd to 4th or from 5th to 4th . The Nissan had done around 340,000 K's and I had two mechanic shops I use to check it out. They both said synchro was on its way out on 4th gear & gearbox would need to come out & they would re new bearings & synchros. No problems except I had trouble finding the time to get the job done. I usually re new the gearbox / transfer case oils every year when I do a lot of K's or else every second year so drained the gearbox & transfer case, oil that came out was fairly clean except for some metal filings out of the gearbox, not all that much but it didn't look good !
    I had earlier used some Moreys with good success so with nothing to loose so I put about 40% ratio Moreys to the usual Castrol gear oil in the gearbox & 25 % in the transfer case. It wasnt until a few days later we went to town in the Nissan & I had sort of forgotten about the Moreys so I changed gears like I had been doing for the last couple of years between 3rd & 4th like the truckies do as it stopped the "crunch" noise. We were heading home from a days shopping & I remembered the Moreys so going from 3rd to 4th & I changed up like you normally do expecting that crunching noise but hey , nothing, smooth as, no noise. Went into 5th & then back down to 4th, nope, all quiet & smooth as.

Well, its been 12 months now & still all good. The Nissan actually "feel" like its going easier but that cant be proved although I reckon I'm getting slightly better fuel consumption.
    Just wanted to share that story as its very clear the Moreys is doing its job !

Yeah, I know, " Whats a photo of goats that have been cruelly & illegally run over doing in the post ? Well, went to post my story & the thing told me to include at least one photo so here you go.
    About 3 weeks ago we had a little disturbance here & one nasty individual went on a rampage of sorts & in this incident ran over & killed about 20 odd goats that I could find. Might well have been more. At todays price about $2,000 worth. As you can see from the broadside the vehicle was most likely a V8 tojo .

Comment

Sorry to get sidetracked from the main story although the running over of the goats is a story in itself.
      I have used the Moreys now in the loader transmission & the transmission is heaps smoother & quieter plus runs cooler so its been a big winner there. I have refrained from putting it in the 912 but only just as everything I have used the Moreys on has improved.
      Is Moreys a oil supplement or is a oil in itself ? I know it works so I dont care about the answer to that question

Comment

hello brian, I think they call them supplement that way it gets around manufacturers warranties. etc. pretty much who cares anyway if it works for.
        I used to sell another call. MBL concentrate. truly the closest thing to a "spanner in a can". if ever you needed don't hesitate to use it. it's magical stuff and I would say better that MOREYS too. harder to get hold of thou as not sold in shops , it's sold like AMWAY is probably the best wat to describe how they sell it.
        when I had sad been selling it , I had may customers come back with positive results . people that had no reason the talk it up or talk crap about the product. but were quite happy to tell of the success of it.
        I think you would need to read the label about wet clutches etc before your rotax test. I know it's not recommended for tractors with wet brakes. good to hear you had a win.
        thanks for the explaination on photos as it had me stumped.
        probably be drugs involved brian. if anyone has a solution please let me know.

Comment

Think you are right about the goat killer being on drugs!
          It's good when supplements work& you see&feel the results,

Comment

Hi,
            All oils have some sort of additive. Depends on what the oil is used for, and how much the manufacturer wants to spend on additives for a return (selling price) on cost.
            Air and water are the biggest enemies of oil. So water dispersant and other additives are added.
            Saying that, engine oil is the only oil that does not have a water dispersant, as the oil is supposed to be hot, so the water in the oil is vaporised.

[time for a add during my slow typing, I just noticed a quick pop-up down the bottom right which said some thing like "auto saved".
            Before I 'post reply, I will copy all this text, but if it has timed out, and I lag back in, it will ask if I want to insert what I had typed earlier, only saving what I typed after the last auto save though]

So, if an engine oil is milky, the oil is not getting hot enough, as the moisture is not getting steamed off.
            Engine oils usually have a detergent as well, to clean carbon from the engine.
            Engine oil also has another additive to keep the foreign materials suspended in the oil, rather than settling in hollows around the engine. The oil filter will then remove this as it passes through the filter.

[auto save message just come up again.]

Cheers.... Ross
            Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Oops. forgot to add an image
              click image

Click image for larger version  Name:	cow ****  1 .JPG Views:	1 Size:	216.9 KB ID:	36259

Comment

Brian, If you're in Queensland then PM me with some details about the goats as I may be able to assist. I CANNOT and will not condone cruelty in any way, shape or form.

As far as the Moreys goes, I've been using it in lathes, milling machines and a range of other machinery for 30 years now and can attest to it's performance. It doesn't seem to alter the oils' particular attributes, but rather just keeps the oil clinging to surfaces that it's there to protect. I swear by it!

Trooper
                Always carry a flask of whiskey in case of snakebite......and furthermore, always carry a small snake!

Comment

Originally posted by TROOPER View Post
                  Brian, If you're in Queensland then PM me with some details about the goats as I may be able to assist. I CANNOT and will not condone cruelty in any way, shape or form.

As far as the Moreys goes, I've been using it in lathes, milling machines and a range of other machinery for 30 years now and can attest to it's performance. It doesn't seem to alter the oils' particular attributes, but rather just keeps the oil clinging to surfaces that it's there to protect. I swear by it!

Trooper
                  I live in the SW of NSW but thanks for your offer . I would have been very grateful of assistance back when or just after this happened, we had a fairly nasty situation happening on a couple of fronts . We have put the matter in the hands of the local police.

Pleasing to hear of your experience using Moreys over a long time frame. I'm impressed by how moreys has improved performance & smoothness of everything I have put it in, particularly the cat 12 E 17 K grader that has nearly all mechanical controls but then again my 20 ton loader has improved as well so a good story when something works !

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post

.........so a good story when something works !
                    Perhaps we could use it on a few (more than just a few actually) politicians in this country in an effort to get them to work more productively!
                    Always carry a flask of whiskey in case of snakebite......and furthermore, always carry a small snake!

Comment

Trooper, as good as Moreys, getting politicians to work more productively is way past its capabilities however, there are actually some exceptionally hard working politicians around the country that are making the country a better place.

Comment

• RossM
                        RossM commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Are you a local councilor, Chopper?

No Ross but i have been asked to run a few times. Just haven't had enough time to be able to devote to the duties of the role. Being a rural councillor means lots of travelling as you are expected to be there at all the events that happen small &large. AND you need the talking bit down pat.

Comment

An article about different oils, wear and mileage.

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/News...uly-1-2017.php

Comment

Pollies don't need any more lubricant - most already have their palms well greased.

Comment

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/News...uly-1-2017.php

I had a nice 40 minute flight this arvo in Chum's machine. Bloody cold though!!!!

Aussie Paul.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X