Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GyrOZ owners

G'day,

I recently bought a GyrOZ and would like to get in touch with fellow GyrOZ owners.

Wondering why you decided on your choice.Are you learning to fly?

Comment

What information are you after?
      I think a Gyroz was involved in an accident a few years ago.
      Contact Allan Wardill and ask him if he can answer any of your questions (incident manager)

Regards....Ross
      Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Hey Kubu,

Give me a call on 0418 182 002

Waddles
        Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

I was involved with a Gyroz fault which caused the Hirth engine to return to an uncommanded idle during flight. It turned out that the factory had installed the engine electronic management module upside down. This placed the plug upwards and when it rained the moisture would collect around the terminals causing corrosion which caused the fault in this instance. So the Gyroz which recently went to Kununurra has been corrected.

Now what was even more interesting is when we received the replacement engine management module and new wiring harness from Hirth all of the leads were identified except for the fuel injector leads. Further investigation with Hirth told us that during testing they noted that any fuel injected into the crank case was actually not used until the crank had done 4 rotations (they weren't specific at what revs) and so the firing order of the injectors was not important. This of course would not be the case where there is direct injection into the combustion chamber.

Regards....Chook.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by chook; 16-08-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Thats way too complicated for me

Comment

Hey Kubu
              I own Gyroz G611 and based in Windsor NSW ...what would you like to know .....you can contact me on 0418 611 028 cheers Joe

And to Chook....Whats the rego of the Gyroz you worked on mate ....the only 2 built by Jeff Henley Smith with Hirths in them were mine and Richard Brown Coopers..which I am assuming is the one Kubu just bought.

Last edited by bigbeautifuldoll; 10-09-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• chook
                chook commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it was RBC's G311 which is now residing in Kununurra. Check your electrical plugs!
                Regards....Chook.

• bigbeautifuldoll
                bigbeautifuldoll commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Chook...no problems with mine other than cable ties needed around spark plug boots to keep them firm.
                Joe

I recall years ago landing just before a thunderstorm hit, rained a couple of inches & next day when I went to start up [ gyro sitting out in open] wouldn't start. Checked the lead going into the engine computer & could see quite a bit of moisture. Dried it out & all good . Water had simply run down the lead going into the computer so I relocated computer slightly & problem solved.

Comment

Working...
              X