Flight Suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Suits

Can you open frame pilots give me an idea of what you wear in winter. I am looking at CWU-64/P Nomex flight suits which are rated "extreme cold" (which is what I feel just thinking about a 2 hour flight in winter) even in regional Australia. Thongs and singlets okay in summer but winter wear is the question.

I use both Fly Mike and Ozee flight suits. Have tried both of them in sub zero conditions and both work well.

Comment

there is a add in each gyro news for flying suits.
      also look on gumtree or such at freezer suits.
      Alice Springs gets to -5 deg C in winter, that is was Birdy wore (freezer suit), and thongs.
      Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

I used to fly in a nylon freezer suit which was very warm but then I learned about what happens if there is a fire... I changed to a leather jacket and leather pants and fire rated racing car boots and gloves, cotton long sleeve top and long johns under, avoiding synthetic. I reckon what ever you decide to wear, have a think about how you would feel if you were sitting in the middle of a petrol fire.

Comment

One very cold morning I pulled up for a coffee/ fuel break & the boys had a good fire burning away, I unknowingly backed into a small branch that was glowing embers& very quickly my jeans which were a nylon/ cotton stretch caught fire, despite putting the fire out very quickly my jeans had a burn hole nearly up to my knee, thankfully I had cotton long johns on and woolen socks & had just one small burn mark on my leg . After that I ditched all nylon in my flying wear.
          There is lots of what is called high performance woolen tops & bottoms around now, I bought a top before last winter & was super impressed, very thin, really comfy & super efficient at keeping me really warm.

Comment

Cannot recommend this stuff enough. -2*C in the centre, flying an open frame Rossco and I was very toasty and warm.

Browse a huge range of heated motorcycle clothing from Venture Heat Buy Venture Heat Jackets, Vents & more online and save with Zarkie.

Comment

Working...
            X