Gyroz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyroz

Has anyone had much to do with Gyroz? O'l mate dropped one in my yard. The workmanship seems high class. I'd like to know more about them from some one who has flown one, etc.

Hi Max,
    Only posting as no-one seems to post on the forum now.
    That Gyroz has seen a bot of Oz. Previously in Tasmania, then the Kimberlies, then maybe Perth. Chook may have done some electrical work on it there.

Cheers....Rossco
    Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Thanks Ross. It seems one gets more response on gyrocopters Australia these days. I found someone who has got a Gyroz and flies it. He has briefed me. He enjoys flying it and complains that he has to tow it 4 hrs out of Sydney and assemble it. Makes me feel better as I've been bitching about towing mine 15km

Comment

Max what is the rego on yours?

Regards ..........Chook.

Comment

• RossM
          RossM commented
          Editing a comment
          It was on gumtree before
          G311

Geez Ross you have a good memory. Yep that aircraft was owned by Richard Browne Cooper here in Perth for some years but was put into the back of his shed after he purchased an ELA. It had a corroded plug where it plugged into the engine management module. Both the complete wiring harness and module were replaced. The Hirth engine has a great power to weight ratio so it flies like a scolded cat. The Gyroz had an issue with the control cables to the rotor slipping which was corrected with an AD.

I can also tell you that it doesn't matter when or which fuel injector fires - with that engine.

Regards..........Chook.

Comment

Gday max I think from memory that has the fuel injected 4 cylinder hirth, at one stage I had the carby version and it was far from what I would call reliable.
          Maybe I just had a bad run hopefully you have better luck.

wolfy

Comment

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback. I've been asked to sign the rego. form. I'm in no hurry to do that until it's out of the trailer and preferably with rotors on, etc.

Comment

The directives section on our website has this....https://asra.org.au/download_file/view/134/220.
                It pertains to a death as a result of the rudder cable securement becoming loose.

The modification should be logged in the aircraft logbook but there is also a concern about inspecting the bell crank on the pre flight as well.

Regards...........Chook.
                Last edited by chook; 27-05-2019, 11:30 AM. Reason: Bell crank and log book addition.

Comment

Working...
                X