"Mark this channel read" problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mark this channel read" problem

Dan recently (the last week?) after reading the latest article within a group, I have noticed that after hitting this button that I am redirected to a very confused display of the forum and then must re enter the forum using the Forums/new topics buttons. I am using google chrome as my browser.

Regards......Chook.

Hi Chook, I can't replicate the problem. This is what I did. While on the home page I clicked the 'Mark Channels Read' link in the top menu, it then changed all my unread channels/threads/ posts as read. Did you do it another way?
    Past Members... Having Account Troubles? Please PM me with your old username or email and I will merge it with your new account or reset it required.

Comment

Dan my symptoms still persist.
      Today I read by directly accessing from the main page "Had enough". Also read from the main page "this thread is just a tester" and then returned to the main page using the <- in the Chrome tool bar at the top. So far so good.
      I then went into "forum suggestions..." which was still displayed in red because I had not read my "mark this channel read" . Without reading it I then clicked on "mark this channel read". The page cleared then returned with the "Forum suggestions..." main page with incorrect spacing and loss of colour scheme and also unable to page down to the bottom of the page. To clear this and return I have to click on a "forum" heading which returns things to normal and the main forum page.

Good luck.
      Regards...........Chook.

Comment

Dan I have just noticed that my "mark this channel as read" icon is at the bottom of my page in the centre not up the top as is displayed for you.

Comment

Ok I just went in to "Gyro wanted" and read Pauls reply and spotted your "mark channels as read" icon in the top toolbar. Clicking on this caused the same thing to happen.

I guess I am just lucky!

I will leave it a couple of days and login using internet explorer and see if the symptoms change.

Regards............Chook.

Comment

Hi Chook, I see the problem now, it seems as though it is not loading some styling files from the cache, when I refresh the page it loads the styling but there is also a strain happening on the server when I click the 'Mark This Channel Read' it is maxing out the Virtual Memory Usage in cPanel giving the below error.

[Tue Jan 17 15:06:21.547679 2017] [:error] [pid 901134] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 121.222.44.181:50663] couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/asraorg/public_html/forum/index.php, referer: http://forum.asra.org.au/forum/gener...ments-wishlist

Whoever is managing the hosting/server will have to look into this also, I think it might just need a hosting package upgrade for more power.
            Past Members... Having Account Troubles? Please PM me with your old username or email and I will merge it with your new account or reset it required.

Comment

Originally posted by danpoole View Post
              just need a hosting package upgrade for more power.
              I vote this too.

Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Dan thanks for that.
                Interestingly I am logged in using Internet Explorer (V 11.0.9600.18537) and can't get it to fail.
                Perhaps Chrome requires more resources from the host?

Regards..........Chook.

Comment

sounds to me like it's all being run by the N.B.N group. .

Comment

Working...
                  X