My Homebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Homebuild

May I say to the critics who criticised my ej25 carbon fibre home designed and built gyro that it flies beautifully! However o'l mate popped over the other day and tried my homebrew and spat it all over me claiming it tasted like camel urine. So maybe one likes what one gets used to

oh max where have you been .

Comment

Thought it time to try and fire up a conversation. The party was getting a bit quiet. I increased the size of my vertical stabilisers by about 900% and it made a great difference. Can fly all day with no feet and still nice and zippy. Can't post any photos as I'm too dumb and no nerds in the house these days

Comment

I always say that anyone having a go at you is always behind you max .they will never be in front leading the way . you would have to turn around to see them. never look back . well maybe to check out that tail..
        it's always impressive to know that you solved a problem with a creation using your own hands .

Comment

I think this forum still has potential for technical and other discussions Tony. So many members seem to have spat their dummies and left like spoilt children who had their toys taken away. They miss the 'old forum'. Well it's gone and buried. Lets make this one work

Comment

Originally posted by mad max View Post
            I think this forum still has potential for technical and other discussions Tony. So many members seem to have spat their dummies and left like spoilt children who had their toys taken away. They miss the 'old forum'. Well it's gone and buried. Lets make this one work:)
            Yes Max I agree. Most of us don't like change BUT it is inevitable so have to suck it up.

Aussie Paul.

Comment

Yes Max, there is so much that comes into play when it comes to a nice machine to fly. At least you can sit back and be proud of what you have built. It is easy to give in to the masses and do what everyone else is doing, but it is hard to go out on a limb and do what you believe is right. At the end of the day you can sit back, smile and know that you were successful in what you have accomplished .

I sure wish I could of had a ride in the boat you built before you disposed of it. That was an engineering marvel.

Send me a photo and I will stick it up for you.

Comment

I like living a bit in the bush close to the ocean with virtually no people as one can 'muck around' with experiments. If one doesn't go quite right then you dismantle it and recycle the bits into something else. That's how humans got their buts into space!

Comment

Finally got all my EJ25 sensors connected and engine running smooth with low fuel consumption. Also finally fixed my Horrison gyro. Eye-Haaaar!

Comment

Hi Max, what is your fuel consumed per hour?
                    Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

I will report back after an accurate check Ross. I didn't check the external sight tube before takeoff only going off the dash gauge at present. I'll take her up for a fairly long flight next time and note tube readings. However I'm optimistic judging from the dash gauge.

Comment

!6 LPH has been achieved by another reliable Gyro owner. That's great considering 160 HP.

Comment

Ok I've confirmed this morning that I consume 16 LPH with a 65 KG passenger and myself 69kg and 60 ltrs. in the tank starting off I'm very happy with that considering 160HP

Comment

Thanks Max, couldn't complain about that.
                            Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Originally posted by mad max View Post
                              Thought it time to try and fire up a conversation. The party was getting a bit quiet. I increased the size of my vertical stabilisers by about 900% and it made a great difference. Can fly all day with no feet and still nice and zippy. Can't post any photos as I'm too dumb and no nerds in the house these days

Not to be negative or critical here....but how is it a guy who can build a gyro can not figure how to post photo's? I mean it is easier IMHO than designing and building a aircraft?
                              Click on the camera icon in the lower left of your post and upload or select from a photo album for pete's sake. You know what they say? It didn't happen without photographic proof!
                              Come on....show us your masterpiece!! Here's I'll start this off with a pic of my build.

Comment

Working...
                              X