This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Gyroplanes (KRUZA 4) NEW POWERPLANT

Just to please all those ROTAX 4 banger pilots, and promote some advancements. This power plant will be fitted to the next KRUZA. Below are a few pics of the new Rotax 914 with aftermarket fuel injection system. Motor is rated for 140 HP.Note the picture of Geoff holding the complete motor including everything except fuel tank, oil tank, and radiator. I challenged Geoff to do the same with the EJ25 Subaru. I wont say what his said in reply LOL...... ;DRegards SamL.......................

Sam,Looking good! Pity you are not able to join us in WA for the Nats as this Rotax powered Kruza would be a winner over here in the West( as long as the price is still competitive). Adrian

Comment

Great to see that the fuel injected rotax going in the Kruza, why rotax keep messing with those 1920"s carbys has got me!!Cant wait to see performance figures and wouldnt be surprised that the 914 outperforms the 2.5 suby in everything except price.I can see Birdy becoming a very interested in the Kruza

Comment

Who did the FI conversion Sam?Great looking muffler too.Will definitely making Echuca airport a place to visit next time down Deni way!!!

Comment

Sam,Looking good! Pity you are not able to join us in WA for the Nats as this Rotax powered Kruza would be a winner over here in the West( as long as the price is still competitive). Adrian Sorry Adrian, cant take the time off work required to fly over. I will be thinking of you. All the best and I"m sure you will put on a good show.Regards SamL..................

Comment

Who did the FI conversion Sam?Great looking muffler too.Will definitely making Echuca airport a place to visit next time down Deni way!!!Hi BrianThe FI system is done by a mob in the states. Not sure of the name. SamL...............

Comment

I can see Birdy becoming a very interested in the KruzaNo disrespect to anyone, but ill be waitn for sumone else to find out how long that little engine can handle that sorta punishment.140HP isa lota power outa sumthn that, naturaly asperated, has only 80.I know a much cheaper way of getn 140 HP outa a 914, but i wont do it.

Comment

Birdy, it is great when someone else takes the $$$ risk. Sit back and wait until it blows. If it doesn"t, then

Comment

I know a much cheaper way of getn 140 HP outa a 914, but i wont do it.Rum & Nitro

Comment

This is a link to the guy in the USA who is doing the modswww.extremeaircraftengines.com

Comment

[i]Birdy, it is great when someone else takes the $$$ risk. Sit back and wait until it blows. If it doesn"t, then

Comment

[i]Birdy, it is great when someone else takes the $$$ risk. Sit back and wait until it blows. If it doesn"t, then

Comment

115 horses is plenty of soot for the wasa Paul.You gota remember, these are honest little steads, no "dead weight" to lug around.Acordn to Sams stats on the Kruzer, we are neck n neck on performance, cept for the fuel burn. [ and responce rate]Im in frunt on fuel burn, he"s in frunt on $$.

Comment

I"m not sure where the horses are coming from Birdy but the extra from the FI wont cause any drama and all the horses dont need to be used all the time so its not all bad news.These engines have been well tested at more extreme conditions than most of us will chuck at them.

Comment

115 horses is plenty of soot for the wasa Paul.You gota remember, these are honest little steads, no "dead weight" to lug around.Acordn to Sams stats on the Kruzer, we are neck n neck on performance, cept for the fuel burn. [ and responce rate]Im in frunt on fuel burn, he"s in frunt on $$. 1) What is your fuel burn 1 up and 2 up ?2) What is your machines MAUW?3) What size blades? & what size prop?Regards SamL.............

Comment

Working...
                              X