Anyone flying 7th-12th Feb 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone flying 7th-12th Feb 2006

Hi all,I might be planning a visit around mid to late next week (7th-12th Feb).Will there be anyone around ?I've just bought a new digital camera and need something to point it at.The next Gyro News deadline is the 15th Feb for articles and photos,and the cover is still up for grabs....Yes I'm dangling a carrot.cheersArtArt SpinkGyroNews Editor

Hi Art, the Lamaroo weekend should create some photo opportunities and Sam the photo purloiner is flying there and will undoubtedly have plenty for publication. I am planning to go and will take a few pics myself and could scribe a few words if you need them.What camera did you buy?Pete

Comment

Always fly'n ere every other day.[]Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.You can always get the answer you want, if you ask enough experts.

Comment

Hi peter, Pictures and words would be great.Bought a 9 meg , Fujifilm finepix s9500.now all I have to do is work out what all the buttons do.cheersArt SpinkGyroNews Editor

Comment

Good one Art. I have had a fuji S7000 (6/12 megapixel)for two or three years since their release and it is one great camera. My advice is get to know the camera and all the buttons well and use some of the manual features. It takes a great shot in the sky if you manually freeze the speed on 1/1000 and manually set the focus to infinity then let the auto exposure have its head.Pete

Comment

Will try that out tomorrow, thanks for the tip.I might start another thread regarding taking photo's.cheersArt SpinkGyroNews Editor

Comment

The Hunter Valley Gyro club will be starting operations for 2006 on Saturday & Sunday the 11th and 12th of FEB. Everyone is welcome....[] Just bring your money[8D].Note: some of us may even be there on Friday night. Wal should be cooking tea on SAT night as usual[xx(] let us know if you will be there for catering. (Should be good, bully beef and boiled cabbage,and cheap, at $49 per head all you can eat.)Let your wings swing...Phil http://hvgc.tripod.com

Comment

Hi to all,I'll be there around mid-day on Saturday to say hi.I hope there will be few flying as I need to give this camera a workout, and the next magazine still needs a cover photo..cheers,Art SpinkGyroNews Editor

Comment

WOOPS...wont be coming this weekend,Next time. Sorry....ArtArt SpinkGyroNews Editor

Comment

Working...
                  X