Magni M16 Tyres - where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magni M16 Tyres - where to buy?

Hi Folks,I"m after two main tyres for my M16.They"re 6" rim dia and 4" wide, does anyone know where I can source these locally?Thanks in advanceAndrew

Mate try, airspuce, or any other aircraft parts shop, or last resort if you really want aircraft tyres, go to your local mower shop they got racks of them

Comment

Try local airports..... they often have a lot of used ones and sell them cheap. No, they are not all worn out.... often tyres have to be removed for some reason or another and once a tyre is off, it doesn"t go back on (A GA airplane)..... worth asking anyway.... they have to pay to get rid of them, so they often sell cheap......If you go for mower tyres, don"t get chunky ones.... they pick rocks and things up and throw them into your prop.....get straight groove typejust sayin"

Comment

Hi Ozzie Gyro,It would be a great help if you could take a couple of close-up pictures of the current tyre sidewall markings and post them on here. I have found that the most efficient way of finding compatible tyres is to type in the tyre sidewall code into Google and see where it takes you. Your internet searching will also allow you to work out tyire or "tire" compatibility between imperial and metric sidewall codes. I"ve sometimes imported tyres or "tires" from US or Asian suppliers quite cheaply, but its highly likely that your Google search will also show up some local Australian suppliers (yes, even Perth!).Smaller specialty tyre suppliers in each major capital city and larger regional centres will usually have compatible tyres. Try to get 6 ply - 4 ply is the absolute minimum and avoid 2 ply tyres like the plague. I usually regard 6 ply as the practical minimum for Australia, because they will almost always resist all the almost-invisible spikey little nasties that are lying all over Australian paddocks and grass or red-dirt airstrips. Nothing is worse than landing and camping overnight then emerging next morning to a gyro with a flat tyre from leaks caused by spikey nasties!!!

Comment

Obviously Marcus here is still with the dinnasours, just squeeze that green slime stuff into the tubes, works a treat.Bindy holes your tube, whatever, slim plugs the hole immediately. When your doing your preflite sometimes a pin prick wet area, indicates hole there, slim blocked it off.Will get you home.....guaranteed.......trust me.....I know Why chase up someone"s 2nd hand worn out piece of shyte as mad suggests to do........crazy. New tyres around $25 each.
          If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Mainly because a 1/4 worn 6 ply airplane tyre for $10 each from a lame"s pile of "not to be used on GA aircraft" run rings around a wheelbarrow 2 ply tyre from the aviation isle of Bunnies any day....just sayin"

Comment

6ply treliborgs ex Brizy $25 , ( ribbed ) What goose puts 2 ply wheel barrow tyres on a gyro.....2 ply, you must be joking.Just sayin

Comment

6ply treliborgs ex Brizy $25 , ( ribbed ) What goose puts 2 ply wheel barrow tyres on a gyro.....2 ply, you must be joking.Just sayin

Comment

Seek, and you will find...not hard.

Comment

Here you go, diff sizes.....Trelleborg too, 6 ply

Comment

link to Russ"s picturehttp://www.trelleborg.com/en/wheelsystems/au/Products-and-Solutions/Light-service-Tires/Cross-Ply/Agriculture-Industry-Grassland-Snow--High-Speed-from-3-to-16/T510/
                      Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

"Trelleborg wheel systems"

Comment

That"s definitely a keeper, thanx

Comment

Airborne are the Magni distributor. They had tyres in stock last time I was there.

Comment

Airborne suggested I could get them locally.Thanks everyone for your posts, I have sourced these tyres in town.For info they are agricultural tyres size: 400 X 6 (6 ply) made by Trelleborg with a T991 tread pattern.

Comment

Working...
                              X