No announcement yet.

G001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Muz,after heaps of research on the topic of nosewheel strut "rake" angle, I have come to the conclusion that the optimal rake angle is 18 degrees from the vertical.This is by far the

Comment

We"ve been getting arvo storms, humidity higher etc, the steering spindle has now seized solid. Couple of days back there was some restricted movement.....now none
      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

That gyro (and pilot) is still one of the few I would trust with any of my family in the pax seat.Get it down here and start the rebuild.We"ll all help where possible.I know you love your dog muz........but he"s not coming for a blat. (

Comment

Sure you can"t get it down any sooner Russ? Sounds like Murray is prepared to work on it over Christmas for you. I"m sure Flea Bag would keep the seat warm while he"s at it.

Comment

Ol mate muz told me once......his knowledge base, his trade skills, his all round nice guy image....was beyond my budget......Christ, throw in Christmas rates, I"ll be joining the soup kitchen folks.As to the " mutt " ........one dog hair in me gyro, that tick infested 4 legged thing, will be crab bait.

Comment

For some reason Leo(Flea bag >) liked sitting in your gyro Russ, it may have been the soothing pink colour or the smell of the chewable leather seats.He wont go anywhere near the RAF parked next to yours,obviously a smart dog.

Comment

Pilot error alright....... Was having ground turning issues the week before, needed a football field to get around to line up for takeoff.Needed excessive force to get rudder inputs.Pilot error........knew something was amiss, failed to investigate. Also......a better preflite would"ve picked up the seizing if I had just tipped the machine back, and hand twisted the nose wheel, it would"ve shown up conclusively right there.Lesson learnt. ( hope others learn from this as well )Yes Dez, you"re right, I was flying a plank wing mindset at the time, we had 4....5 goes to land, on a gravel road actually ( headland ) each time she shot off heading into drain, I horsed her back into the air, got interesting, then decided to find a grass strip nearby....wider etc, this time when the nose touched down, it BIT big time ( got grip ) Fookin near shot us out the passenger door as it veered right.....the rest is history.Ol mate beside me probably never get in a gyro again.There are plenty more crazy people in the world and some are just crazy enough to do things twice Russ.Graeme.

Comment

Mr Moonro.....I see you"ve reached way down south, hope all went well.Ol mate in me bingle, done about 3...4 of em over the yrs, tuff ol critter, or stupid, or both

Comment

For some reason Leo(Flea bag >) liked sitting in your gyro Russ, it may have been the soothing pink colour or the smell of the chewable leather seats.He wont go anywhere near the RAF parked next to yours,obviously a smart dog.Muz ol chum......you bake cupcakes for the mutt........unreal

Comment

Surprised no one has asked the question as to why you did you not do a zero roll landing Russ

Comment

Brian, Surprised no one has asked the question as to why you did you not do a zero roll landing Russ Because he has become to used to flying a plank wing for so long or he went over to the dark side of aviation

Comment

Surprised no one has asked the question as to why you did you not do a zero roll landing Russ

Comment

Working...
                          X