NZ Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ Rules

What are the rules if an ASRA registered gyro and pilot turns up in NZ? Do the KIWI"s except our qualifications and are the airspace rules similar to here?

Yea........keen to know too. We is keen to take the beast over and give them southern alps a real workout. Max ol son......think up a way to set the gyros on skis.......(snow)Must be quick attach and allow me wheels to still be there. Me
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

I worked at Ardmore in NZ for 2.5 yrs around 1970 and all that time there was a gyro with a mac. 2 stroke 4 cly. engine sitting in a hanger that someone imported but civil aviation refused to allow it to fly. Hope things have changed in 40 yrs.

Comment

They seem to import quite a few s/h machines from the uk to Nz , so mustn"t be too bad .

Comment

G"day Max,Dog and Russell, Your flight certificate would be accepted there, the machine would most likely have to be inspected to make sure that it meets the requirements for either a class 1 or class 2 microlight , Gyro"s are covered by the microlight rules, they have a "R " registration, meaning rotorcraft. The air space works very similar, circuits are 600ft AGL rejoin height is 1500AGL. In NZ there are 2 factions that are able to control microlight flying. Sac and Ranz. If any person that is going to NZ for a visit, give me a call and I"ll be able to give you some contacts, in either Island. Darrell Jones

Comment

Working...
          X