Protect that airspeed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protect that airspeed!

Please see the attached video clip of a home built 912 Gyro.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsdktNwBgscI am particularly interested in the flying, and associated dangers aerodynamically, at approx 1min and 3min into the video.Is it safe?Regards,Colin

Colin,The pilot clearly understands the need for continious airflow up through the rotors, maintaining a positive G loading on the blades and appears to have a good power to weight ratio. His rotor mgt was good so I wouldnt be to concurned. That said many of his manouvers couldnt and shouldnt be undertaken by a average pilot in a factory built machine. His gyro looks very similar to Bones old Owen Dull open frame machine. Just my 10c worth.Adrian

Comment

Hi Colin,Looks like good, well controlled flying by someone who knows gyro flight.

Comment

[i]At

Comment

ian, i"ve been there and done that.sliding backwards an reverse input. i"m sure if i had been on the forum a year earlier i would of been better off. i"ve learnt heaps here. i think the forum is a great place to learn if you want that.

Comment

Working...
          X