No announcement yet.

Beginners bingles....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello chopper , my instructer always taught me to have the full back stick "BUT THEN" move it forward off the stops a fraction, you have then got an earlier feel in the stick to detect the onslaught of rotor flap. even a fraction of a second is an advantage. it"s the only way I can do it now. I"ve said it a few times here but only ever hear of instructions saying "FULL BACK STICK" . it seems better over rough ground too, managing it with your hand and not just letting the machine take the treatment.

Comment

You are so very correct tony, well done for picking me up there.

Comment

Hello Chopper,

Comment

Hello Chopper,

Comment

I wished I had be able to learn and remember all the other things he taught me and not learnt the bloody hard way.

Comment

I wished I had be able to learn and remember all the other things he taught me and not learnt the bloody hard way.

Comment

ha ha that"s funny alright chopper. I some times just stand there and turn in circles thinking which way was I going to go or what was I going to do before I got interupted..

Comment

I don"t know about the rest of you, but "full back stick" on my gyro lasts for about 2 seconds at the start of the runway.

Comment

The most precarious position a gyro can be in is at speed on the main wheels only.... Then you are at the mercy of the effectiveness of the rudder and the nose wheel whichever may have the effect at any given moment. Perhaps the full back stick recommendation is to make sure the nose wheel doesn"t get to bump the ground and cause a catastrophy? Perhaps, with full (ish) back stick, maybe tail wheel dragging (for stability), when the machine ceases to accelerate, the pilot then chooses to ease the stick forward (rather than let the machine choose if balancing) and makes sure the nose wheel is pointed in the correct direction as he does so? Maybe you have answered your own question?I do agree, the use of words like "use full back stick" or

Comment

Buzz, "that little bit of wind "

Comment

Working...
                      X