Main rotor blades life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main rotor blades life.

Hi fellows,. just wanted to know that is there any specific time (hours) for the main rotor blades?

Jan,The Blade manufacturer is responsible for providing this information however ASRA has placed a general life on the hub bars because of compelling evidence collected over the years. I suggest you look at the ASRA web site for the applicable AD and AN info. In general hub bars have a life of 500hrs for 2 seat gyros and any gyro used for high energy maneuvers otherwise 800hrs is the general limit for single seat gyro"s not subjected to high energy maneuvers. This hub bar life can be extended through the applicable NDT inspections as per the AD/AN notices.Note- dye penetrate testing is not an approved method.Just my 10c worth,Adrian

Comment

Thanks Adrian for your reply.

Comment

Hi Farid,It"s never too far or too expensive to learn gyro flying even if you are out in Kalgoorlie, mate! Like any FIFO or stay-in workers, you"ll always have days off or annual leaves to take and do your flight training whenever it may suit you best. Others have done it, been through it and no regrets. I believe you can do it too.Determination mate! Procrastination will lead you nowhere to enjoy one of man best creation since Wright brothers or should I say Juan de la Cierva.In term of flight training hours (dual), it"s very much dependent on individual and varies between 20 to 50 hours for starter. If, with other aeronautical experiences then training hours will be significantly lesser. Generally, cost between $160 to $200 per hour (dual).

Comment

Working...
        X