M912 take off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M912 take off

Sportcopter M912 Take off at Wondaihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbQy2p-vyA4&feature=youtu.be&app=desktopEnjoy!

Sportcopter M912 Take off at Wondaihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbQy2p-vyA4&feature=youtu.be&app=desktopEnjoy! VERY NICE!!! ;DEvery bit as good as the Butterfly Aurora / Monarch

Comment

Hi GyrOZgrey,Thanks for your comments.I am not an expert on the Butterfly so I would not like to comment on their features but I have had significant input into the features and design of the M912 as it was principally designed to be used for mustering in Australia so I can comment on some of it"s features which you may or may not know about.The M912 has several safely features built into it and a major one is the seat.

Comment

I sat in the other sportcopter at Wondai over Easter, the seat is very comfortable, better than my car!
        Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

After watching a display that Ian put on for myself and a few other gyro pilots recently i would have to agree that the Sportcopter is one of the best gyro "workhorses" i have seen. Looking forward to hearing feedback from mustering pilots.

Comment

G"Day Ian & thanks for your insider comments about the SC M912.

Comment

As the M912 is now a "compliant" gyroplane in Australia it means that a "commercial" rated pilot can legally muster cattle on a commercial bases.

Comment

I sat in the other sportcopter at Wondai over Easter, the seat is very comfortable, better than my car!It may not be lounge chair comfortable, but it is certainly comfortable in a practical way. I do some very long days and can still walk at the end of them. By comparison, a few hours on a bike or in a buggy and I am pretty well crippled.It also works exactly as advertized. I have tested it

Comment

How is this possible?

Comment

How is this possible?

Comment

I would like to see someone do a review on the pre rotator that has done 500/ 1000 hours so we can see how they perform over the longer term. Havent even heard much in the way of feedback which is a bit dissapointing given there must be a number of machines out there getting good hours up plus its obvious to see that the spinner gets those rotors going very nicely which in the world of mustering is a very desirable thing when strips are usually short & rough!!

Comment

Mark Regan, appearing for ASRA,asked me a series of questions during a recent Coroners Court hearing.It was something like "Is it possible to leagally muster cattle using an ASRA registered gyro"My answer was "If the pilot has a Commercial licence(fixed or rotary) has an AOC, has all the appropriate endorsments,low level etc, he /she may choose to use an ASRA registerd gyro to conduct such operation"That answer gave the Councel assisting CASA Barrister slight apoplexy.Fun to watch!The bottom line is it could be done but its just no ones tried it.

Comment

Thanks Murray,As I thought, After reading a coroners court hearing document only recently, and CASA"s response to it all, an AOC is hardly worth the effort at the moment for the sole trader.... I would imagine if ya went the legal route by the time you have all the AOC paperwork and manuals etc completed you"ld be dead anyways.

Comment

Comment

Good thought Ian, we did have a commercial helo pilot who I think had an AOC but unfortunately he is no longer with us !!It would be worth checking out just what is involved with obtaining an AOC...who know"s, it might not be that dificult. A commercial FW licence would be the cheapest to obtain but I wonder how much that

Comment

Working...
                              X