SCII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCII

Hi,The factory news seems to have been rather quiet on the forum for a while so I thought I would contribute with a little info about the production SCII.The SCII (Sportcopter 2) was originally design for the Military and Law enforcement market rather than the recreation/Experimental market.

Wow, looks great. You have to love a gyro with a Lycoming engine.

Comment

It is very well hidden

Comment

Hi Muz,Your right, cooling can be a problem.

Comment

It looks fab, I would take a couple

Comment

Hi Muz,Yes, there is a fan use for the cooling system but that is not all to the design.

Comment

Hi Ian,Will one of these new machines be coming to Oz as a demonstrator for all of us to drool over, or will we have to go to the states to see one in the flesh. Come on Ian I"m sure you have got room in your shed!

Comment

Hi Rick,I"d love to have one in my shed.

Comment

Ian, you have to tell them that the machine will have to be tested thuroughly in Australia, to make sure it is suitable for Aussie conditions..... and for publicity and to promoteThey better send you one to be sure They probably know that if they did, they would have to pry you out with a crow bar once you got in it

Comment

Be sure to check with CASA re any weight dispensation. We tried to get 750kgs and were told "never any more than 600 kgs."Waddles.
                    Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

An MTOW of 600kg would be a bit of a problem based on a machine weight of 453kg. I have enough trouble trying to keep my load weight under 250kg when travelling two up. As Waddles says Ian it might be something worth checking out.I am also assuming that it will only be able to run on Avgas?Regardless I would still like to add one to my wish list.

Comment

Is 600kg an absolute limit, or could a factory machine which is over that weight, but has a GA certified engine and an established reputation overseas actually be registered here as GA as the Robinson helicopters?It would be a terrible shame if such a machine as this one was not able to be registered in some other category here in Aus? The machine appears to be of fantastic build quality and judging by the other sport copters, it is likely constructed to meticulous precision.... certifiable engine etc?If a person wanted to register an air and space 18a or a 2 place J2 here in Aus, what category would they register in and would they still come under ASRA wing? (rotor)

Comment

Hi Muz,We are working on the problem of the weight limit!

Comment

G"day Ian.What sort of price would we be looking at for diesel? Another stupid question,would the maker of the m912 consider a cheaper type of motor in a vortex? I would like 1 but I cant afford the price of the 912.Maybe a modified ea81? Just a thort

Comment

Hi Justin,I have just asked the same question regarding the price comparison of the Diesel versus the Lycoming IO360 certified motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X