sydney club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sydney club

Sydney-based gyro enthusiasts still do fly from Rylestone ( about 3 hrs west of Sydney, near Mudgee) - we`re just all too busy having fun flying to be here writing on the net!!! We meet generally the first weekend of each month, but call ahead to make sure.

Ive been to the Rylstone Rotor Ranch and seriously want to convert from weightshift to rotor but Im not sure what days you all fly there. I was told the last weekend in the month but it says in the forum its the first weekend, could somebody please clarify the time thanks.

Comment

The Hunter Valley Gyro Club may be what you are looking for... We fly every second weekend rain, hail or shine. Friendly crew, 2 seat training available look at our club web site for details we are located close to Rylstone.

Comment

The other option is to consider Goulburn.Only 2 hours from Sydney. I run training every Saturday.We now have our own gyro only hangar, with very reasonable rates.Ross BPH 0421 342 877

Comment

Is the training still running every Saturday....Tried to ring Ross but had no joy.I was thinking of driving down on Sat 12/07/08 for a lesson if it was possible...RegardsAdrian

Comment

Adrian,Make sure you contact Ross before you take the drive. Ross is a top instructor and taught me in no time to fly a gyro.

Comment

I believe Ross is now working in central QLD although he has been at Caboolture this weekend.Aussie Paul

Comment

Arrr, He"s out of hiding again.

Comment

The Sydney club is still very active, but sadly without our mentor Jeff Henley-Smith. Generally we fly at Rylstone on the first weekend of each month. For anyone interested to see what these fascinating little flying machines can do, please call ahead to make sure we`ll be there. Call Brian Dauncey on 9627 2892.

Comment

Almar,Where exactly is it - have you got GPS co-ords for it??Cheers,Nic

Comment

Rylstone, 30 min from Mudgee, 3hrs from Sydney, on Google at 32`46`14S, 149`59`40E

Comment

Almar,Thanks for that - I"ll stuff it into my GPS.Nic.

Comment

G'day,

It appears to be some 9 years or more since anyone posted anything about the Sydney Gyrocopter Club, does it still exist and are there any active members?

Andy.

Comment

Hopefully RickE will tell you about his home base.
                            see Ricks post in this topic
                            i'll go first. I absolutely love the strip where I fly from , I use the Bundaberg gliding club. originally I was not impressed with having to move to there,
                            Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Originally posted by almar View Post
                              Sydney-based gyro enthusiasts still do fly from Rylestone ( about 3 hrs west of Sydney, near Mudgee) - we`re just all too busy having fun flying to be here writing on the net!!! We meet generally the first weekend of each month, but call ahead to make sure.
                              I fly from YLMQ and have been to Rylestone several times. Do you guys still fly out from there?

Comment

Working...
                              X