Wangaratta National Trike Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wangaratta National Trike Gathering

The National Trike Gathering will be held on the 8th and 9th April 2006 at Wangaratta aerodrome in Victoria.As I'am still a participating member of the Southern Microlight Club, they have given myself and any other gyro pilots permission to goin in with them for flying fun that weekend.I will be attending with Pete Bradley, and if anyone else would also like to join us, then let me know ASAP.Wang has a fully functional camping ground with all facilities, and food and drink will be available on the days.Saturday night dinner is usually held in Wang. Finally, before anyone asks, both Pete and myself will be flying Gyro's !!!.Image Insert: 71.18

I just have to say it is always a joy to bring a gyro to these venues and watch the trike pilots' jaws drop when the wind rises and only the gyros keep flying. Sam invited me to the last trike get-together at Mt.Beauty and the hospitality and friendship extended by these people is second to none. It will be a great weekend if anyone can make it. I hope 'ChopperChic' attends with her chopper again Sam.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

We should get it right, as she prefers Whirly Girl !!!!!!!!!!!!Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

Does that mean she normally ends up rotated?

Comment

I know that my head is still spinning Mark. That's all I will say.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

The National Trike Gathering will be held this weekend, and still only Pete and myself are attending.All gyro flyers are invited to goin in with the weekends flying fun!!!!Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

Sorry Sam, the gyro will be pilotless this weekend as I do an interstate run in the coach.Couldn't believe my eyes or ears this morning with rain occuring; really what is this wet stuff? Has been a while, so no flying today.Regards,ChristopherLockwood Sth. VIC(Secretary RAV Inc.)Speaking without thinking; is like shooting without taking aim - Spanish Proverb

Comment

Wang has come and gone again.It ended up being a real gyro weekend.both myself and David Lamprell attended, and due to the 30 knot winds on Saturday we were the only machines flying.Sunday those winds eased and several trikes, david and myself flew to Yarrawonga. There we were greated by Peter and Anne the local aerodrome manager.overall a very enjoyable weekend full of flying and aviation chit chat.Image Insert: 64.23 KBFlight line and setting upImage Insert: 75.96 KBOld Drage hangar, now (Pacific Fighter plane collection)Image Insert: 81.61 KBWang overhead and traking for YarrawongaImage Insert: 49.58

Comment

I always enjoy your posts and pictorials Sam.Mitch.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make it this time Sam but great that Dave was able to attend. Love the photos which are top-notch as usual. Did the weekend achieve its secondary purpose?PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Thanks Mitch, but I'm just enjoying my machine, and guess I want to show others how much fun they are and what they can also be doing. But also why gyro's are realy the best ultralight machine.Pete, answer is yes and will convey all aquired info to club at our next meeting.Image Insert: 81.76

Comment

Sam Wots wrong with the camera,it looks like you are too high,all I can see is haze or is it from the couple of fires we had ,Na gus b s itting ,great shots and hope to see you and the crew at torryburyboundry rider

Comment

quote:Originally posted by pockyhope to see you and the crew at torryburyThat would be Torrumbarry.

Comment

Sorry Peter but I won't be able to make Torrumbarry.Hope someone takes a few shots of what I missed out on though.Safe Flying !!!!Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

Recently received an Email from Andre a fellow microlighter from Sydney who attended the Wang Gathering.It was his first time he had seen gyro's flying, and it seems he was very pleasntly suprised. The 30 knot winds had the trikes grounded, but David and myself continued flying all day. Andre came up and had a good look at both gyros and wanted to know more about our machines. Seems he is now determined to find out even more and maybe one day look at converting to gyro's.I feel this is an untapped market, and as more and more trike pilots like Andre see our machines flying, the more conversions we will get.I know what Andre is feeling, as I been there too.These photo's were taken at Yarrawonga by him.Image Insert: 89.49

Comment

Working...
                              X