Female Pilots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Pilots

Great to see an increase in the amount of female pilots taking to the sky"s. Here is a link to some of the worlds best

Some of those pics and banner ads are wrong.

Comment

Some of those pics and banner ads are wrong.

Comment

Great to see an increase in the amount of female pilots taking to the sky"s. Here is a link to some of the worlds best

Comment

They have too many clothes on!

Comment

They have too many clothes on!and you fly naked ?? ???

Comment

Well I just go with the flow.... If they want to be then I"m happy to join them!

Comment

I remember when I was in the UK, I was crewing for some friends at the Junior Nationals Gliding Competition at Lasham.Now, over there there are a lot a female pilots... even in gliding which is most labour-intensive! (Which drives a lot of young people away!)They have sponsorhip schemes for young pilots in many clubs which reduces the cost greatly and, thanks to WWII, an airstrip on almost every corner!So, here I was, going around the flight line, going up to all the girls with my camera.I said, "Now, please, I don"t want you to think that I"m a pervert or a stalker or anything, but would it be okay if I took your picture?"They would of course respond with, "Sure, but why??"I would reply, "I just want to go back to the Australian Gliding Fraternity with proof that girls actually fly!!"Gliding is popular in universities over there, especially the big ones like Oxford and Cambridge, thus there are a number of female pilots in it that way.There is a story that I heard first hand about a rather eccentric young lady who got the gliding bug, and would end up at most of the regular annual competitions. Now, as anyone who has done cross-country gliding will know, there is a lot of setting up to do prior to the flight. So, this particularly attractive young lady would wander around doing her setup in the *scorching* British summer (*giggle*) in a bikini!Now, how"s that for psychological warfare??But, personally, I have the great pleasure of saying that one of my favourite instructors in FW powered aircraft was female!(And, yes, she was and still is a lovely person, not to mention a *big* distraction whilst I struggled to get my circuits right!)

Comment

Working...
                X