G5117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G5117

Well just finished off the licence of the owner of the latest inferior (just for you chopper)European machine to hit the country.Left Ch twrs 10am Wednesday got to brissy on Thursday morn just in time to pick the machine up as the freight company opened, loaded it on the trailer, headed for longreach, arrived at 12pm friday, a total of about 4000km in 50hrs.By 8pm Friday night the machine was unpacked,reassembled, radios fitted ready for test flight first thing next morning.test flying done, it was joyflighting time for family and friends before they had to leave, then we started Adrian"s licence, 9 hrs were done here(most of that focusing on rudder work) :-*, then solo this morning, followed by another 1.5 hrs flight before lunch, a fly in the morning then i head for home.Photos to come, help Adrian , cause my camera broken....Edit fixed my days, forgot what day it was

Well just finished off the licence of the owner of the latest inferior (just for you chopper)European machine to hit the country.....Good to see you got your sense of humour there young Bones

Comment

Camera broken???? Really???Better excuse than just forgetting to take pictures I "spose

Comment

The mighty little gyro strikes again, after another solo flight this arvo by Adrian, it was decided i should take my son who has been with me all week for a fly for being so paitent, so a loop of the house then i thought i take him down to see some of the goats running in a road paddock about 5 km from the house, bit funny as all week they been everywhere, but not this arvo, then i find a big mob liting out across an open patch right near the road, then i spots a car, horse float, dogs and blokes trying hard to hide under trees(what they were thinknig is beyond me), so rips around and a very quick trip back to the house in the ute and down to explain that they dont really want to share their goats with a**holes, so the gyro is sort of paying for itself already

Comment

What you going to record that flight as in the next hours flown Bonesey? Good to see you are keeping at it. Cheers Des Garvin.

Comment

What you going to record that flight as in the next hours flown Bonesey? Good to see you are keeping at it. Cheers Des Garvin.

Comment

I"m sure that theres a good case for a machine gun to be able to mounted somewhere... ;D

Comment

Ok so i did get a couple of photos on my phone.912s 100hp, the big 28" blades, it get 1 fat ass 100kg and a 90kg bloke around at 55 kt with only 5200rpm, about 30*.1 up it is 55kts with about 4600rpm.A damn fine job for the that motor, but i can understand why othe manufacters are still saying they need more hp, i guess it was proved with the OD that if it cant fly well with 100hp, its the design not the motor that should be looked at.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great news Bones. Good to see another Euro

Comment

Course, you realize Bones that I"m not allowed to promote any particular brand of gyro being a bored member :

Comment

just thought that i would let everyone know how G5117 is going just clicked over the 40 hour mark today and couldn"t be happier no worries( except 1 flat tyre

Comment

Working...
                      X