No announcement yet.

My CG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi PaulYou are correct, it all about stability. But there are 2 types of stability. STATIC, and DYNAMIC.Static is all about the design configurations eg CLT, HTL or LTL. (Acheiving balance regardless of what happend between WEIGHT, THRUST, LIFT , and DRAG)Dynamic is all about a machines ability to right its self after an external disturbance. This is usually acheived via correct sizing and placement of your machines tail feathers. (this stability is always acheived aerodynamically) Cheers SamL...........Correct Sam. Dynamic stability, of course, is the most important. From the testing I conducted on 2 place side by side fully enclosed gyros between 2000 and 2007 I found the closer the static stability (closer to CLT, and a little less important CLDrag) the lesser amount of aerodynamic stability surfaces required to have Dynamic stability, particularly stick fixed flying in roughish weather.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Hi All,Well I thought I"ld give some feedback since the change over from a high thrustline machine to a rebuilt machine that"s closer to centreline thrust.Well it certainly is more stable I’ll give you that and you don’t need to be on the ball as much as a high thrustline machine. I don"t believe it is more efficient fuel wise but it"s certainly faster, guess that"s because I"ve moved the drag closer to the vertical CG.I can now see how a student would get caught out with a high thrustline machine now, especially if that

Comment

Working...
      X