No announcement yet.

icom ic 92 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Chook,Ive only ever used the rubber ducky aerial. The broken wire was inside the radio case and was connected to the centre of the 1/4 turn aerial plug. Time to send to a comms shop I think.Rob

Comment

Hi Rob - you have stolen Adrians thread!However I have just checked my manual on the A22/E and you are in luck.Icom have incorporated a protection circuit (APC) to prevent damage to the output power amplifier stage by antenna mismatch in your model. (as long as it was working)Briefly as Alan has suggested check your battery under load. What happens is that when you are just listening to the radio it does not take much power (0.4 amps) but when you transmit you use up to 1 amp of power from the battery/power supply. This added current will cause the radio to do "weird" things if the battery cant supply the required power. (including the symptoms that you describe amongst others)If you are using the 12 volt battery from your gyro this can also cause problems if the wiring or alternator is suspect. I have seen radios destroyed because battery connections have had corrosion on them and also from poorly crimped connectors at the battery lugs.

Comment

Working...
      X