Story time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story time

OK Story time. The forum battery is running flat again. Once upon a time I was flying doors off with a passenger returning from a flight 85 km NE. I had briefed my passenger that if we are forced down for any reason get out of the craft quickly but staying aware of the rotors. (No doors) as carbon fibre seems to burn fairly easy. Nearing the end of our flight over water I heard extra noise comming from the EJ25 left manifold. soon after there was a loud bang and prop. hissing and I knew something had gone through the prop. I looked left at the land and dived at right angles towards a goat track and not too many trees allso realising that trojectory was into wind. We bounced a little over the track and came to a stop, switched off Ign. and pulled my emerg. Handle which disconnects all power just before an old broken abandoned water tank. My home made suspention was put to a good test. I immediately heard a scuttle and looked left and my passenger was gone. We tied the blades and unloaded the survival rifle as we had to walk along the coast and wade through two creeks. One of which a mate was ambushed and attacked by a croc. a few yrs before. He was heading for his crab pots and luckly had a big bucket and shoved it in the reptiles mouth and took off. Thanks to mob. phones we were picked up by car after a 4km walk. I tried at the time to report the incident but could not work out the IRIS stuff. I have since fitted flexible joints at each manifold to eliminate future manifold cracking.
Working...
X