No announcement yet.

Confessions of a tugger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No suspension?The main legs are 4130 tempered to 40RC,(from memory) good enough for Cessna good enough for me.The front has a single Chevy valve spring.

Comment

Oops! My mistake.Yes, upon closer inspection of the nose strut, I see the spring.And as for the main gear, yes, that answers my question.I figured that it might have been some grade of metal that is up to the task.If this is the case, then why do most Bensen/Brock-based designs (including all the modern variations) have three lengths of tube steel and springs/shock absorbers? Redundancy?Apologies. I"ve only flown aircraft. I haven"t spent much time in the building department... but not from lack of wanting!I"m in Brisbane, so when I finally get going in gyros (hopefully soon!) I look forward to seeing Tugger buzzing around the skies!

Comment

You are in Brisbane? There will be a few of us at the airport tomorrow morning if you want to see gyro"s up close. I think there are about 16 there at the moment. You may even score a ride.Caboolture airport,hanger 59

Comment

Working...
        X