Fitting a fuel sender into Rosco jerry can fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting a fuel sender into Rosco jerry can fuel tank

Can anyone help me with info on fitting a fuel gauge sender into a Rosco 20 ltr fuel tank.Photos and product type would be appreciated.

All the tank senders I have encountered over many years have been for shallow tanks Dave. I remember working with another chap in 69 for about 8 hrs trying to adjust the sender arms on a new cessna 337 and we finally concluded that it was impossible to get them accurate! I could see the same trying to calibrate a deep tank senser if you can find one to fit a plastic G. can. I have great difficulty trying to read my side tube allso mainly because I"m paranoid about my $300 glasses flying off. I am therefore going to wander outside right now and see if it"s possible to fit a mirror somewhere to see the tube. (It"s great being retired and have plenty of time) It maybe allso usefull to check on another gyo creeping up your rear. (or ground vehicles for that matter)

Comment

G"day, Dave, It"s 4 hrs later and I"m glad you motivated me as I went to my small town afluent dump and found a 9.5 x 2.5 inch. inside car mirror. (Someone had cleaned out his workshop so I came home with a trailer load of valuable stuff allso) I mounted it on the rosco seat angle bracket 45deg. vert. and it shows the fuel tube very well. When I flick the day/ night lever on the mirror it jumps from searching for "Huns in the sun" to back to the fuel tube! All I"ve got to do now is find an airstrip to test it in the sky.

Comment

Good call max! I have been digging around for info and it seems that it is a issue with the positioning of the unit and getting the accuracy/error correct.Hadn"t go to the mirror concept yet probably would fix the problem though.Regards Dave

Comment

Another way to skin the cat is to buy a fuel flow & that way, once you program the unit, its very accurate.

Comment

Another way to skin the cat is to buy a fuel flow & that way, once you program the unit, its very accurate.It does not matter how you skin a cat they still taste good.

Comment

I agree, Lets farm cats of all types for meat. Let the loverly big brown eyed happy harmless grass eating cows live!

Comment

I agree, Lets farm cats of all types for meat. Let the lovery big brown eyed happy harmless grass eating cows live! I cant say that I have eaten cat although the chances are high when you like Chinese

Comment

Give "GG" a call......he"s got these new tank senders/guages that he says are reeeeel good.
                  If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Gday DallisI have 2 fuel sender units that have been removed from Rosco 20lt tanks if you still looking.If you are looking for new ones ask Rosco he fits them to his 2 place gyros Regards Nev

Comment

Hi nev,

Comment

Gday DallisI have 2 fuel sender units that have been removed from Rosco 20lt tanks if you still looking.If you are looking for new ones ask Rosco he fits them to his 2 place gyros Regards NevNev, I need a sender for a RAF. Any specs and a pic or two would be great.Aussie Paul.

Comment

HI The sender is a VDO unit about 380mm long maybe try VDO web page for more infoGive us a ring 0417189014 for more detailsRegards Nev

Comment

I"ve tested the mirror Dave and it"s spot on, shows the fuel tube well. Had the wife on board and went Adelaide river way, saw a Cessna 150 beside a house so dropped in. The lady turned out to be the president of the skydiving club. She gave us coffee and showed us a photo of her and her daughter in free fall, with her mother allso in free fall under a lucky tandem instructer. (3 generations) Landed at Comarlie Creek WW2 A/strip and took part in a good old fashion fly-in with the only rules being common sense. I was the only Gyro so did a demo. in a raging cross wind to fly the flag for the gyronoughts.

Comment

Sounds like an atypical max adventure.How many Kim"s did you cover?maybe you can shake out the old chute and do the old free fall againHow many at the flyin?

Comment

Working...
                              X