No announcement yet.

Rotax 135 HP Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Brian. I have been speaking to a couple of the gyro retailers and feedback about the 915 was to be careful as rotax had problems with the 912 FI that took a while to shake out, and it might be the same with the 915. I wonder if you had one of the new 915 engines and it cut out causing a serious crash and it was rotax fault - would rotax be liable (not that you want to test this hypothesis!)? I just can't get over the use of carbs in 2017 for new machines (especially for the price of these engines!
    Last edited by deandob; 08-01-2017, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I have heard of a couple of the FI engines having problems &it really beats me why as we all know,FI has been around for a long time now &even my old suby 2.2FI never missed a beat. ....due to the FI & electronic ignition. Carbs have their place &it seems they most certainly suit the 912 plus so easy to maintain.Rotax would not admit fault no matter what & might possibly say operator used an engine not suited for this particular application.
      I used to think 912 s were way overpriced but not anymore & in fact I'm sorry I didn't see the light 20 years ago !!! Comparing the suby powered to the Rotax powered is simply no contest.

Comment

Working...
      X