Tasmania Gyro Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasmania Gyro Crash

Gentlemen,Recently a two place Raf2000 crashed in Tasmania at Cranbourne airfield. The student passed away at the crashsite and the Instructor later died in hospital.Sorry to inform you that Geoff Jamieson passed away on the 7th hour of the 7/7/2007. His son Jade was with his father at the time. Many of us in the gyro fraternity here in Tassie have watched Jade grow into a fine young man, at 17 yrs. Often present at the airfield, when Geoff was training. His Grandfather, Keith and Geoff were like best mates and Geoffs passion for gyros grew from Keith"s and together they embarked on a journey that would see Keith learn his trade at manufacturing wooden bensen blades building their own rotor heads and props including whole aircraft. A journey from glider to powered flight. Geoff was 16 when that love affair with gyros began.Geoff"s funeral service is this comming Thursday 12th July at St Mary"s Church in Penquin, Tasmania at 2pm. Followed by the laying to rest at a location near by.The Advocate and Examiner News Papers will both be running articles on Geoff and his historically significant journey through the sport of gyroplanes here in Tasmania.With the deaths of two of our fellow gyro enthusiasts, we are all no doubt shocked and saddened by what has transpired, none more than those of us here on the "Island" that new these blokes.Obviously there will be lots more "inquiring" but I will share this with you because the student pilot"s "son in law" was said to have offered pictures to those at the funeral who, felt the need to look. These pictures were of the accident site. Further, this Gentleman alledgedly , publicly stated that the deceased student had told the instructor to ..."leave me, I"m stuffed"

Gentlemen and Madam President,To save me a bit of time here is a link to Rotors forum where I have linked newspaper articles and pic of Geoff Jamieson. Late ASRA Instructor, Father and Friend.http://www.rotorcraft.com.au/compone...0114/#newMitch.

Comment

Hi Greg, Dave Pickard from the WA ground crew who came to Lameroo. Ever so sorry to hear of the incident I have followed the events and are saddened futher to hear that the instructor passed away as well. my condolences to all

Comment

G"Day Dave,Thanks Mate, I shall pass that on to the Jamieson family and to Tim Sheahan"s life partner.Tim was the Student Pilot.Again I add a link to comments I made earlier.Cheers Dave,Mitch.http://www.rotorcraft.com.au/compone....msg10120/#new

Comment

There is nothing worse than loosing someone you love. I feel deeply saddened for the families involved. No words will make them feel better but I hope time will heal their pain. Memories should be cherrished. Ken

Comment

G"Day Gents,http://www.rotorcraft.com.au/compone...g10157/#newThe link above gives details as to Geoff Jamiesons funeral on Thursday 12th July,2007.Mitch.

Comment

Working...
            X