Rob Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Cook

Good morningI noticed your blogs on the web re Rob Cooks accident at Suplejack and thought that you members may be interested in what the Alice Springs and Station Community is doing to support the family.Your faithfullyNaomi Chambers DirectorReservations Alice Springs HolidaysPO Box 1055, Alice Springs NT 0871Tel: 61 8 8953 1411 Fax: 61 8 8930 9018

Does anyone have an update on Rob Cook Condition?

Comment

Unfortunatly, no change to speak of.

Comment

Speaking to Rob"s mum yesterday she said that the swelling has not gone down yet. I"m not a doctor but I think thats not a bad sign as the swelling helps hold things in place but as I say, thats only what I think. There is good news as the spinal column is crushed, not severed as reported somewhere.

Comment

Birdy

Comment

Havnt heard anythn yet. ???gess no news means nuthns changed. Spose thats not as bad as it could be.

Comment

A couple of days old but Rob is being taken off the ventilator slowly and can now talk, he was a whisker off being able to blow enough air to breathe in his own right.The spinal cord was crushed rather than severed. Crushed gives something like a 2 year time frame for max recovery. Listening to the wireless the other day I heard a bloke that had the crushed spinal cord plus ruptured discs and 2 years on and he can walk again. Rob was in good spirits. Kev Traeger has visited and we plan on going calling in in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Say gday for me will ya Brian.

Comment

Thanks Brian for the update, a lot of us are truely interested in Robs progress.Met him and his family at Lamaroo and he struck me as an example of a real gentleman and top family man.Graeme.

Comment

Will do that Birdy.Met him and his family at Lamaroo and he struck me as an example of a real gentleman and top family man.You have that right Graeme, something real special about him. Just looking at him told you a real lot about him.

Comment

?????????Must be thinkn bout sumone else.

Comment

i would trust him with my life if it ever came to it.That is the ultimate measure of a man I guess. Rob is that sort of person.

Comment

i would trust him with my life if it ever came to it.That is the ultimate measure of a man I guess. Rob is that sort of person.I agree! I wonder just how many people we or you know that you would or could say that about. I reckon I know of 5.

Comment

I know one, and it aint me.

Comment

I cant imagine for one minute what it would be like confined to one position in a bed for 10 minutes let alone weeks/ months so its tough going on Rob. Spare a thought to for the family, Sarah gets to the hospital about 8.00am and doesn"t leave till 11.00pm. The family have moved down to provide full time support. What commitment on their part.Sarah says that they wheel Rob out into a court yard so he gets to see the sky.

Comment

Working...
                              X