No announcement yet.

What Happened to 912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seriously, guys. 2nd danger zone. 80 to 100 hours .alan wardell has this time zone as a danger period. what can be done to reduce accidentsBuggered if i know Tony, coz you can talk till your blue in the face, but you wont stop sumone who wants to do it, no matter how much bent aluminium you show um. ??? I agree with Birdy on this, for some reason, people will just do what they seem to think they can do and we read about the consequences regularly.

Comment

Prob too cocky and casual with nearly 1oo hrs. So may be we all need to sit in frount of a mirror and convince the fool we are looking at to refrain from being one.

Comment

ECHO!There is someone I havent seen for ages, where are you living now?Send me your phone numberMark.

Comment

Anyone can have a ding. I test flew a Tall tail machine last Sunday off a narrow mining road with drop offs each side which i"ve used for years with my Rosco trainer. After nosewheel lift there seemed to be a delay before the rudder responded and I run off the road strait for the tall scrub. I instictly hit full power and plowered through the bushes spaying twigs and leaves like a runaway flying slasher convinced that i was about to destroy a friends pride and joy. Luckly after the near death experiance i found myself in the wounderfull clear blue sky.

Comment

Hey bones i was thinkin more like 10k for the 912 cus the fact is i was including with engine a brand new prop. Never unwrapped so if i cant get that for it it mite be better off in my shed stored. Dunno let me know wat ya reckon.

Comment

Riteo, im guna spill me guts ere. Iv had this oppinion for along time and this is only my opinion, so dont take it to hart. I"d recon itd take between 10 and 50 hours [ bout the same time it takes to master driven a car] for the average pilot to be "flyn by feel", as opposed to needn to constantly think bout wots go"n on. [ solong as those hours are made in reasonably short time, not over ten years]Wot alota people fail to grasp is the complexity of the meadium they are traveln through, not to mention the fact that you cant see it.Im not a high hour pilot, but i know iv learned sh1tloads about air and how it flows in 4000 odd hours, and the learn"n never stops. Every day is different.Driven a car is easy in comparison, coz you can see wot your driven on and can predict accurately wots guna happen if you dont steer it away from that tree.Every corrective input ina gyro is a reaction to sumthn youv already hit, so initialy, everyone will over/under correct till their brain is tuned in to wots go"n on, and this takes time, coz your brain isnt be"n fed clues by your eyes. In time, you will find yourself anticipaiting virtical/ horisontal wind changes, wen youll hit it, which direction and how strong it"ll be. I dont know wot the cluse are, you just know.And the only way you can gain this "feel" is with time. Buggered if i know how much time, it"ll depend on the bloke and conditions, but the more time you sit init, the more you head will be in tune.The trick, obviously, is not to fly in sumthn that will have you outa your comfort zone.You gota think way in advance bout wot the air is do"n at ground level, coz thats where your go"n to land. It can be very smooth at alt for hours, but at landn level, its getn thin and rough.Itd be interestn to know wot % of bingles are at TO or landing, but id gess itd be in the high 90s.Theres 2 reasons for this.1, landn and taken off requires the greatest amout of precision, coz your either trasitioning from a hard surface to the air, or your aimn at the ground be not wantn to hit it.Your inputs need to be reasonably spoton to save the machine from stresses that will excead its structural integrity, and corrections/inputs need to be at the rite rate. This is relitivly easy to master in calm conditions coz every input you make has bout the same reaction from the machine, and you can see wot your tryn to do, coz you are close to the ground.2, the second and trickier one is the conditions at ground level.Air, in day light hours, is always more mixed up at and near the ground, coz thats where the highest rate of thermal exchang"n and mechanical turbulance is happen"n. Trouble is, this is the same hight we are at wen we are taken off and landn.sorry bout the thread hijac.

Comment

Crikey,Apology accepted Mr Bird, even if it isn"t my thread. I love it when you hijack a thread with your mis-spelt works of divine wisdom, they are appreciated no end and most typically lasered into my brain.You"re waxing eloquent on this one - a sterling effort.Webbie - can you kickthis post into another thread???cheers,Nic.

Comment

Thanks for that very informative post Davo. Now I have a guide to what I have to do to succeed in this great experiance of gyroin. I have to agree with your above post Nick. Cheers Des Garvin

Comment

Working...
                  X