Plane Crash Claims Life of Areobatic Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane Crash Claims Life of Areobatic Champion

Hope I got this right but heard today that Pip Borman was killed in an aircraft crash at Shepperton today or yesterday. I have seen Pip fly and he is the [was] our equivalent of our Birdy & Jacko [mayby even better]. An extremely gifted pilot who incidentally was an insurance assessor for QBE I thinks. Have heard him interviewed a few times and he fully understood what he did. Anyway, just another sad day for the flying fraternity.

somewhere or other there must be a meteorite aimed squarely at the earth!wtf else can happen?Mark.

Comment

I heard that on the wierless tday too.Do"n loops and sumthn went rong with the donk and he never pulled outa the last loop.

Comment

Whenever I was working in Shepparton I would spend my lunch time at Pip"s wrecking yard chating with him, a real gentleman.Very sorry to hear of this.Graeme.

Comment

Whenever I was working in Shepparton I would spend my lunch time at Pip"s wrecking yard chating with him, a real gentleman.Very sorry to hear of this.Graeme.Rosie knew him and said the same " a real nice gentleman"He impressed me greatly with his knife edged flypast with the Edge 540 hanging on just the prop and rudder. The ABC played an interview with him from a few years ago and he was no gung ho man, very calculating and knew all about the things that keep you in the air. I ight have this wrong but I reckon they said his Dad was killed in a plane crash at Swan Hill. You might be able to verify that Graeme.

Comment

Working...
          X