Mannum Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mannum Accident

Just in from a couple hours agoBrisbane Times ReportBigpond News ReportA man has been killed in a gyrocopter crash east of Adelaide near the Murray River.The crash occurred about 1pm (CDT) on Tuesday, a few kilometres from the riverside town of Mannum,and was reported to police from houseboats on the river, police said.Police and emergency services reached the scene to find a man, aged about 50, had died.It is not known whether anyone else was hurt in the crash.Does anyone know who this might have been?Very sad regardless

> :-

Comment

Hi all,Yes we do know who it is and at this stage i wont release his name, Until such time that its in the media.Kevin Treager is currently attending to the scene.A Very sad way to see the close of 2009 Regards,Trent Semler

Comment

I was so hoping it was not true....................

Comment

Hi All,As Reported on the AdelaideNow Website the pilot was Terry Arnold.http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...4-2682,00.htmlIts a real bloody shame,

Comment

Condolences to Terry"s family and friends. Regards SamL.......

Comment

yes Terry was a really nice bloke, he"ll be missed.

Comment

terry was a really nice bloke . loved his flyingits a tragedy that such accident

Comment

Gidday Gents & Gals,Preliminary inspection has not revealed any anomolies that would have prevented the normal operation of the gyro prior to ground impact. Disassembly and inspection is continuing.Witness statements are inconsistent and varied as is normally the case and may prove inconclusive.Weather at the time was fine and hot and is being considered.No known video of the last moments and no GPS located in the wreckage.Very light gyro (198 kgs MT), 27" rotors!!!!Investigation continues.Allan WardillASRA Incident Registrar
                  Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Elise and I met Terry at Lameroo, where I believe he was Grand Champion for the Nationals 2007.Terry seemed like a very nice fellow. Easy to talk to and always smiling and happy. Condolences to his friends, the SA rotorcraft club at Lameroo and to Terry"s family.Mitch

Comment

Guys,Let"s not turn this into a disagreement on optimum loadings.This must be considered and an attempt made to balance low disc loading against experience as a contributory cause. Terry was used to flying in the ambient conditions he encountered in that area on the day. But, in the absence of other factors, it must be considered.Please start another thread for further discussion on disc loadings.Thanks.Waddles
                      Waddles

Comment

Condolences to Terry"s family and friends. So sorry to hear about Terry. Met him at Lameroo and a great guy!!

Comment

Gents,It has been brought to my attention that this section of this Forum is designed for discussion re accidents, their possible cause and consequences etc.Therefore, my post above is out of line in that I actively tried to dissuade discussion on the circumstances surrounding a fellow member"s death, exactly what this section is designed for.I apologise to all for my post above and ask you to disregard its contents.In future, official comments on events such as this will be posted under "ASRA News and Information", leaving this section free for your discussion.Regards,Allan Wardill
                          Waddles

Comment

Elise and I met Terry at Lameroo, where I believe he was Grand Champion for the Nationals 2007.Terry seemed like a very nice fellow. Easy to talk to and always smiling and happy. Condolences to his friends, the SA rotorcraft club at Lameroo and to Terry"s family.MitchLameroo 07 was where I met Terry. Had a good chat to him in the "Forced Landing" when we had some down time while waiting for the collapsed undercarriage gyro to be carted off. Terry was in the line just in front of me and during the chat he said he didnt have many hours up so I gave him my best "talk" to hopefully soothe any nerves that he might have had, so much so that he won the forced landing with me coming in 2nd place!! :-[ The tables were turned in the speed estimation for the nav part but

Comment

I remember now Joe was in 1st place.Terry picked up a bunch of trophies, I didn"t realise he was low hrs at Lameroo.Thanks Chopper. Mitch

Comment

Working...
                              X