Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonydenton
    replied
    in this months pacific flyer there is an artical about pilots / passengers contacting spinning props. considering that most were a cessna or similar where there was a strut in the way, it was more than a bit alarming to read. > > >.

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    I find check lists a very valuable toolhttp://www.asra.org.au/smf/index.php?topic=1084.0

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    Well said Sam & Mitch.I"m not in favour of complicating the throttle set up, why ? cause its just another thing that can go wrong at a bad

Leave a comment:

• dineshkkk
    replied
    Well said Sam & Mitch.I"m not in favour of complicating the throttle set up, why ? cause its just another thing that can go wrong at a bad

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Just trying to visualise a "stimulated forced landing" Brian.Who"s doing the stimulating, the instructor or the student?Thankyou for keeping us informed and for pushing the subject.Graeme. ;D ;D

Leave a comment:

• GraemeMonro
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Greg Mitchell
    replied
    Tragedy allright. Condolences to the young fellas family and friends.regards,Mitch.We should be learning something here. What about the recent UK accident. Same result. There are lessons to be learned here for sure. >

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    The young fella involved has died.

Leave a comment:

• dineshkkk
    replied
    Iv got me starter button on top of the throttle leaver, so i know where the throttle is at before i drop me thumb onit.Maybe ggod idea.Or a limiter switch on the throttle, that prevents the closing the start button if

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    The young fella involved has died.

Leave a comment:

• mad max
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eigyro
    replied
    That machine looks like it has a Rotax 912/914, so presumably had electric start fitted.Maybe a weight-sensing seat switch in line with the start button would help.They have them as standard on ride-on mowers, for the same reason.This is assuming the guy was not seated in the machine at startup, which seems likely.We had a near miss here a few years ago, similar problem.Great shame, young guy like that.

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    If this is the 3rd time it has happened, sounds like a good reason to have electric start!TimC

Leave a comment:

• birdy
    replied
    Iv got me starter button on top of the throttle leaver, so i know where the throttle is at before i drop me thumb onit.Maybe ggod idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X